Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1042822 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2340: March 16, 2013, 12:29:09 AM »
Since when did this become a war against Sanguis Astroism?

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341: March 16, 2013, 12:29:28 AM »
Assuming SA wins.. Which you all assume so much and we haven't even begun to fight yet.

Well barring Zuma intervention or an astoundingly quick destruction of Terran (I don't rate their chances of survival too highly, but at the very least they should keep Aurvandil busy), I think its a pretty safe assumption. It might take some time for the Northern armies to get back into the swing of things after so long a peace, but considering we were able to destroy Caerwyn I would imagine that SA can at the very least drive Asylon back past Via and possibly destroy it altogether.

But nevertheless you are right that the war is not yet over; the victors shall be clear soon enough.

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342: March 16, 2013, 12:33:09 AM »

Well technically its not but considering that Astrum, Morek and Corsanctum, along with possibly Iashalur and the Farronites (not sure about these two as all I've heard is forum references which are of course notoriously unreliable) are marching against Asylon it is effectively a war with SA (or at least most of the nobles within SA). And while its not an official crusade its pretty clear that upon a theocratic victory SA is going to expand and benefit greatly.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343: March 16, 2013, 12:39:04 AM »
Well technically its not but considering that Astrum, Morek and Corsanctum, along with possibly Iashalur and the Farronites (not sure about these two as all I've heard is forum references which are of course notoriously unreliable) are marching against Asylon it is effectively a war with SA (or at least most of the nobles within SA). And while its not an official crusade its pretty clear that upon a theocratic victory SA is going to expand and benefit greatly.

Sanguis Astroism won't win this time, they may have beaten Caerwyn (Incompetents) and the Averothoi and Saxons (tiny fortress realms) but how do they intend to defeat Aurvandil? Even all of your mobile armies combined would be smaller than the army Aurvandil has currently raised, if we are basing this on the forty-thousand mobile combat strength you raised earlier in the year shortly after declaring war.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:42:19 AM by NoblesseChevaleresque »

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344: March 16, 2013, 12:46:15 AM »
Sanguis Astroism won't win this time, they may have beaten Caerwyn (Incompetents) and the Averothoi and Saxons (tiny fortress realms) but how do they intend to defeat Aurvandil? Even all of your mobile armies combined are smaller than Aurvandil's army currently is. Based on the forty-thousand mobile combat strength you raised earlier in the year.

I don't imagine they'll beat Aurvandil, but I can imagine them beating Asylon and I don't think that Aurvandil's arm is long enough to defend them sufficiently (though of course I may yet be proven horribly wrong on that assumption...)

I should clarify that my comments have been primarily regarding the conflict surrounding Asylon, being primarily a response to Glaumring's posts. I very much doubt that Mendicant really cares that much about SA (though of course only you know the truth about that) and as a player I know full well that the Northern "war" against Aurvandil is a logistical impossibility.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345: March 16, 2013, 12:50:13 AM »
I don't imagine they'll beat Aurvandil, but I can imagine them beating Asylon and I don't think that Aurvandil's arm is long enough to defend them sufficiently (though of course I may yet be proven horribly wrong on that assumption...)

I should clarify that my comments have been primarily regarding the conflict surrounding Asylon, being primarily a response to Glaumring's posts. I very much doubt that Mendicant really cares that much about SA (though of course only you know the truth about that) and as a player I know full well that the Northern "war" against Aurvandil is a logistical impossibility.

As Mendicant recently told the Light of Maddening, he declines to be the enemy of Sanguis Astroism and disdains for their presumption that he would oblige them by opposing them.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346: March 16, 2013, 12:55:05 AM »
Ya'll are all missing the strategic reality here.

Neither SA nor Aurvandil can meaningfully harm one another. Both have huge food surpluses and major cultural pulls that draw certain players.

If the war becomes an EC-style long-haul, we're going to have a bipolar continent with a wasteland between us. Terran will just be ground zero for a battle and will be destroyed/segmented. Asylon, Barca, and D'hara will be interesting diplomatic chess pieces.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347: March 16, 2013, 12:56:31 AM »
If the war becomes an EC-style long-haul, we're going to have a bipolar continent with a wasteland between us. Terran will just be ground zero for a battle and will be destroyed/segmented. Asylon, Barca, and D'hara will be interesting diplomatic chess pieces.

And Luria will continue to have one wave of civil strife after another, and remain utterly irrelevant to the broader continental political situation ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348: March 16, 2013, 12:57:30 AM »

No !@#$...  They are jumping in like it is though. This is a war against the Moot if anything. It is kind of annoying how fighting Terran and D'Hara somehow translate into a huge affront to SA that they just must wipe us out... Wasn't a few months ago they were all "GO KABRINSKIA!" against the Moot and now its "WE DONT KNOW WHAT WTF WE STAND FOR WE JUST OMG GLAUMRING KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL" 

Like seriously would be nice to fight a war that doesn't involve Morek/Corsanctum...OH OH don't forget us its you  Iashular who do nothing unless Astrum snaps their fingers. Even Iashulars coup was put on hold because OMG !@#$INCGHC GLAUMRING IS KILLING THE MOOT OMG... Like seriously guys. Do you have to join every war? Asylon didn't even attack an SA kingdom and its OMG WTF GLLAUMRING YOU !@#$EN TRYING TO WIPE OUT SA OMG WTF....

So you wonder where the hostility comes from SA can't stay out of any conflict and then they say "oh yeah we are just trying to survive if everyone just joined us we would totally fight amongst eachother like totally trust us...." No you wouldn't.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349: March 16, 2013, 12:59:02 AM »
Ya'll are all missing the strategic reality here.

Neither SA nor Aurvandil can meaningfully harm one another. Both have huge food surpluses and major cultural pulls that draw certain players.

I disagree, within reason we can damage each other. It'll just be a challenge.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350: March 16, 2013, 12:59:59 AM »
No !@#$...  They are jumping in like it is though. This is a war against the Moot if anything. It is kind of annoying how fighting Terran and D'Hara somehow translate into a huge affront to SA that they just must wipe us out... Wasn't a few months ago they were all "GO KABRINSKIA!" against the Moot and now its "WE DONT KNOW WHAT WTF WE STAND FOR WE JUST OMG GLAUMRING KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL" 

Like seriously would be nice to fight a war that doesn't involve Morek/Corsanctum...OH OH don't forget us its you  Iashular who do nothing unless Astrum snaps their fingers. Even Iashulars coup was put on hold because OMG !@#$INCGHC GLAUMRING IS KILLING THE MOOT OMG... Like seriously guys. Do you have to join every war? Asylon didn't even attack an SA kingdom and its OMG WTF GLLAUMRING YOU !@#$EN TRYING TO WIPE OUT SA OMG WTF....

So you wonder where the hostility comes from SA can't stay out of any conflict and then they say "oh yeah we are just trying to survive if everyone just joined us we would totally fight amongst eachother like totally trust us...." No you wouldn't.

From what Mendicant was told Glaumring was boasting of Sanguis Astroism's destruction at his hand.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351: March 16, 2013, 01:03:29 AM »
From what Mendicant was told Glaumring was boasting of Sanguis Astroism's destruction at his hand.

This is true.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352: March 16, 2013, 01:04:14 AM »
This is true.

Hmm, maybe Mendicant should have given Glaumring a bollocking over it then.

No one speaks with the voice of Aurvandil but Mendicant.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353: March 16, 2013, 01:05:21 AM »
Hmm, maybe Mendicant should have given Glaumring a bollocking over it then.

No one speaks with the voice of Aurvandil but Mendicant.

Maybe Mendicant should realize that Glaumring is still king of Asylon and Glaumring is CRAZY.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354: March 16, 2013, 01:05:33 AM »
As Mendicant recently told the Light of Maddening,he declines to be the enemy of Sanguis Astroism and disdains for their presumption that he would oblige them by opposing them.
I don't think your consent is really required.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:08:14 AM by Indirik »
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.