Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045916 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2370: March 16, 2013, 01:49:10 AM »
Yers, they would have Mendicant believe Glaumring was acting as the king of Asylon and Aurvandil. Mendicant knows better than that.

Remember the Iraq war , that General guy on the roof yelling out all this awesome propaganda? Thats me, im the mouthpiece. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntOE7Iquw_k
We live lives in beautiful lies...

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371: March 16, 2013, 01:50:43 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RlgyQ9EDCQ

^ Now that is some propaganda. Quite a few laugh out loud moments.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372: March 16, 2013, 01:50:58 AM »
SA could destroy Aurvandil... Falkirk is basically dead, and now Luria Nova and Fissoa would have been ready to join in on the fight. But they would have needed to massively fund the 'moot for this to happen. As they didn't care for this to happen, and as the 'moot is pretty much going back to peace with Aurvandil, I can quite easily see the whole coalition falling apart, everybody taking Asylon's destruction as the victory required to go back home without the morale-crushing image of defeat and move on to other things.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373: March 16, 2013, 01:53:01 AM »
SA could destroy Aurvandil... Falkirk is basically dead, and now Luria Nova and Fissoa would have been ready to join in on the fight. But they would have needed to massively fund the 'moot for this to happen. As they didn't care for this to happen, and as the 'moot is pretty much going back to peace with Aurvandil, I can quite easily see the whole coalition falling apart, everybody taking Asylon's destruction as the victory required to go back home without the morale-crushing image of defeat and move on to other things.

Sanguis Astroism have failed every attack, can't raise the army Aurvandil can, can't fight a campaign so far south.

Falkirk is basically dead? Oh well, they're irrelevant. But they're alive as they need to be in order to be my wasp cake. Not that Mendicant will let them fall, it's not going to happen. Realms only fail after all, by choice, you never fall unless you intend to.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374: March 16, 2013, 01:54:18 AM »

Oh Chenier you metagame the best...

I think you are such a flake Chenier, its funny how for weeks and weeks Aurvandiil is the big bad enemy and now that Asylon joins the battle, you know you can't beat Aurvandiil so now you are sucking up to Aurvandiil on the forums and IG and turning your focus to Asylon because you know Asylon can be beat easier. You are the ultimate flake and coward and double faced snake. I can see you writing up some big flakey peace treaty. I just hope Mendicant sees through your bul!@#$ and sees the poopy-panted snake that you are and tells you to !@#$ off

Many of you guys will go to any length to win BM... This is the sense I am getting, the two-pronged war of forum warfare and IG... I cannot believe how flakey some of this !@#$ is getting.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 02:02:49 AM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375: March 16, 2013, 02:31:36 AM »
Sanguis Astroism can believe whatever they like, Mendicant just declines to be their next Haruka.
He can decline all he wants. That doesn't mean that the label couldn't be hung on Mendicant, assuming that's what SA would want to do. You really have little to no control over how someone else refers to you, or how they view you. You can "decline" all you want. It simply doesn't matter. Mendicant has already done everything that needs to be done. No further actions is required, meaningful, or relevant.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376: March 16, 2013, 02:34:42 AM »
He can decline all he wants. That doesn't mean that the label couldn't be hung on Mendicant, assuming that's what SA would want to do. You really have little to no control over how someone else refers to you, or how they view you. You can "decline" all you want. It simply doesn't matter. Mendicant has already done everything that needs to be done. No further actions is required, meaningful, or relevant.

Yers, they'd like Mendicant to be their enemy wouldn't they?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377: March 16, 2013, 02:38:27 AM »
Yers, they'd like Mendicant to be their enemy wouldn't they?
He already is.

As I said, Mendicant's permission is not required. He can decline all he wants, but it is irrelevant.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378: March 16, 2013, 02:46:31 AM »
He already is.

As I said, Mendicant's permission is not required. He can decline all he wants, but it is irrelevant.

Oh I'm sure Sanguis Astroism has convinced themselves of that, deluded fellows that they are.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379: March 16, 2013, 02:47:19 AM »
He already is.

Think of this like the Joker trying to get the Batman's attention in THE DARK KNIGHT. The Joker continuously blows things up, takes hostages and even attempts to kill Rachel in attempt to force Batman to retaliate. Batman kind of loses his cool a little bit at first, but by the end of the film he's just like "Meh. Joker, I have caught you in my net, so to speak, but I will not do what you want me to, I will not harm you. Instead, I will just leave you hanging here so that others may deal with you. I've got to go talk to Harvey Dent now, later!" So, as you can see, Indirik, the SA players desperately want to forge a rivalry between themselves (the Joker) and Mendicant (the Batman), however their shrill voices and pathetic attempts at mischief are of no avail and the Batman simply bothers to keep them from causing trouble -- nothing more. This is why you cannot make Mendicant your enemy. He simply does not care for your shenanigans. He is not the hero you deserve.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380: March 16, 2013, 02:48:40 AM »
Since when did this become a war against Sanguis Astroism?

Since you allied with Asylon and they declared war.

whoever said I was saying !@#$ like that... Seriously felt like wtf ...

I have no idea what Glaumring the character has been saying. But on the forums you have been saying A LOT about how the 'Moot is doomed and how Asylon is going to win, etc. because of Aurvandil.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381: March 16, 2013, 02:51:07 AM »
Think of this like the Joker trying to get the Batman's attention in THE DARK KNIGHT. The Joker continuously blows things up, takes hostages and even attempts to kill Rachel in attempt to force Batman to retaliate. Batman kind of loses his cool a little bit at first, but by the end of the film he's just like "Meh. Joker, I have caught you in my net, so to speak, but I will not do what you want me to, I will not harm you. Instead, I will just leave you hanging here so that others may deal with you. I've got to go talk to Harvey Dent now, later!" So, as you can see, Indirik, the SA players desperately want to forge a rivalry between themselves (the Joker) and Mendicant (the Batman), however their shrill voices and pathetic attempts at mischief are of no avail and the Batman simply bothers to keep them from causing trouble -- nothing more. This is why you cannot make Mendicant your enemy. He simply does not care for your shenanigans. He is not the hero you deserve.

That is an insanely accurate and concise way of putting it.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382: March 16, 2013, 03:01:52 AM »
It is a cute analogy. But irreparably flawed, because you really don't understand. SA doesn't require Mendicant's attention, or even care if he notices. He could literally do anything. Or nothing. It doesn't matter. He has *already* done everything that he needed to do in order to set himself and his realm up as the rallying point and focus. The only thing he could possibly do to change that is to either convert to SA, or die. And the dying would only matter if the resulting regime change produced a radical political shift.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383: March 16, 2013, 03:11:03 AM »
Sanguis Astroism sounds like the antisocial kid in the classroom corner.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384: March 16, 2013, 03:27:35 AM »
Oh Chenier you metagame the best...

I think you are such a flake Chenier, its funny how for weeks and weeks Aurvandiil is the big bad enemy and now that Asylon joins the battle, you know you can't beat Aurvandiil so now you are sucking up to Aurvandiil on the forums and IG and turning your focus to Asylon because you know Asylon can be beat easier. You are the ultimate flake and coward and double faced snake. I can see you writing up some big flakey peace treaty. I just hope Mendicant sees through your bul!@#$ and sees the poopy-panted snake that you are and tells you to !@#$ off

Many of you guys will go to any length to win BM... This is the sense I am getting, the two-pronged war of forum warfare and IG... I cannot believe how flakey some of this !@#$ is getting.

I really don't get where you pull this stuff out of... makes no sense with neither reality nor the text you quote.

Fact 1: D'Hara and Aurvandil already signed a cease-fire long ago. Machiavel doesn't need to do squat. Only Terran needs to settle peace with them now, and they don't need my help for that.
Fact 2: Where did I try to woo Aurvandil? I still think its might is highly suspicious, and strongly dislike it. I've never, nowhere on the forums, complimented them or try to befriend Mendicant's player.
Fact 3: The first phrase  of what you quoted me on explicitly states I think that Aurvandil can be defeated. The North just doesn't have the heart to make it happen. They'd rather hog the glory then send tens of thousands of gold to Terran, Barca, and D'Hara every week. But they can't hog the glory, because they are too far, so they just fail instead. Doesn't mean they need to fail, they just chose to.

And yea, people will focus on Asylon IG... Did you seriously expect otherwise? You truly are an atrocious strategist and diplomat. And with all of this hatred you guys have with D'Hara, don't act so surprised that maybe the feeling's mutual, for some D'Harans at least.

It is a cute analogy. But irreparably flawed, because you really don't understand. SA doesn't require Mendicant's attention, or even care if he notices. He could literally do anything. Or nothing. It doesn't matter. He has *already* done everything that he needed to do in order to set himself and his realm up as the rallying point and focus. The only thing he could possibly do to change that is to either convert to SA, or die. And the dying would only matter if the resulting regime change produced a radical political shift.

I think you overestimate his focus potential... SA failed to do what was necessary to crush Aurvandil, and the non-theocractic realms are not willing to sacrifice themselves for the glory of others. The coalition will break apart after Asylon is defeated, and a new world order will come to be. Aurvandil, having won against the 'moot and being left stronger than ever, will have free reign to decide what happens next. It'll be their move. They'll be able to start new wars, turtle for a while, or shift their diplomacy. Terran may or may not be allowed to survive. I don't like it, but with things as they are now, I don't see things evolving any other way. I could be wrong, for, as anyone else, I don't have all of the cards. And who knows, maybe the war will re-ignite soon after waning, and the coalition will rebuild itself... But with D'Hara and Barca out of the war with Aurvandil, Falkirk's eminent destruction and Asylon's inevitable defeat, it seems unlikely that there will be anyone else to unite against, because SA is just too far from Aurvandil and isn't willing to do what's required to defeat it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron