Author Topic: Is it ever acceptable to plan things OOC?  (Read 14078 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: Is it ever acceptable to plan things OOC?
« Reply #15: October 19, 2011, 06:05:25 PM »
What if you're a new player? Is it acceptable to say "We held a OOC vote two weeks ago and the results was that we would be mercenaries"?

Honestly? Too frigging bad. If a realm has a specific culture, it'll likely go into the realm summary newbies see before they join, so if they don't want to be mercenaries, don't join the mercenary realm.

What if you didn't want to be a mercenary but were outvoted?

Again, too bad. Majority rules. That's why we have votes. And you're really kinda using the extremes here. I very much doubt any realm has ever gone, "YOU MUST BE MERCENARIES AND RP AS SUCH OR YOU GET BANNED!!1!!1! I'm sure Arcaea had people who didn't RP as mercenaries and they were accepted fine.

Note that it is fine to play mercenaries, I have no problem with that. I only have a problem with the whole idea of OOC voting. I don't even have a problem if three or four people decide OOC that they will take their character in a certain direction beforehand, as long as they allow other to join them afterwards; but three or four people is a free association. The realm should not be a OOC meaningful unit.

That's your opinion. You're perfectly entitled to it. But stop trying to tell other people:
that's wrong.