Author Topic: Is it ever acceptable to plan things OOC?  (Read 13686 times)

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Is it ever acceptable to plan things OOC?
« Reply #30: October 19, 2011, 08:47:51 PM »
Then live with it, or leave.  What happens when someone joins Darka, but doesn't like mercenaries?

Because having the discussion OOC allowed people to talk frankly about all the options and allow some change of characters to fit the new idea.  Some didn't like the idea, and either left or began working to see it overturned IC (though I think most of them actually voted for it OOC, they just liked the idea of fighting it IC), which it was with the next Ruler.

I would much rather have the realm have an open, honest discussion about how to make the game more fun than a couple of people quietly deciding OOC to change things.

.. and kill what is major fun for many eventually. when someone make ic clique, he has to make efforts about it, and someone else can make counter-clique and here it is, some ic struggle.

open and honest ooc dicussion mostly means avoidance of any possible ic disputes at one, forever.

what you mentioned about darka, in that respect, means nonone will ever be able to make any opposition there, as everything about the realm is agreed ic "to make game more funny", now how to counter that at all? that is agreed occ, voted on ooc, and apparently the only way to go against it is to initiate counter-discussion and counter-voting ooc.

if that is not utmost case of exclusion of all who think differently, i cannot imagine better example. if you put something on ic vote, it can get 90% win, but still those 10% can defy secretly or openly and that is the game.

if that is put ooc, than when anyone in realm notices some opposition, he can say" "look, we agreed how to play. you are not allowed to oppose it. leave!"

that is absurd. internal grievances would have potential to be major factor in creating game events and fun, and this way it is sterilized forever.

to resume - in my opinion "honest ooc discussion how to make game funny" is perfect fun-killer. what some people obviously want is complete predictability and avoidance of competition.