Author Topic: Is it ever acceptable to plan things OOC?  (Read 13686 times)

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Is it ever acceptable to plan things OOC?
« Reply #30: October 28, 2011, 10:35:11 AM »
Just as an aside, there have been many, many IC discussions in Darka over the past couple years about giving up the whole mercenary thing.

Also:OOC discussion in the realm does not mean that you have to avoid IC conflict. Players can discuss OOC the types of play they like, and then IC guide the realm in that direction. That does not remove fun, or even conflict. In fact, it can help people have /more/ fun, by helping tailor the game experience toward something that the players like. That could just as easily be /toward/ something with more intra-realm as it could be toward something with less of the same. Realms like Republic of Fwuvoghor thrived on IC conflict, and the players there loved it.

again i heard no single word of explanation why would anything of it be needed to be planned ooc? if you like some sort of players experience, found guild with such rules involved and play to try to achieve it, you may succeed or not. if there are many players that like such course, why would not you succeed? what ooc talking has to do with it?

i would summarize my opinion as simple as possible: any kind of ooc planning related to anything in game world kills the best and the funniest part of bm and is likely one of causes why we have dead-boring realms around where nothing ever happens.

to be as clear as possible - i find any kind of such ooc planning completely and absolutely unfair.