Author Topic: Clear explanation of the difference between nobles and commoners.  (Read 32493 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Every few months or so, I see the same old discussion in one of my realms, namely people claiming that commoners and nobles are somehow equals. This time it's happening in Sirion. An excerpt:

'And for the part of commoner and noble, i do think that no noble is of more worth then any commoner. What gives us the right to think like this about the common peasant?'

So it seems that people still think that BM is somehow set in the modern world where things like equality are widespread. And every time one of this arguments erupts, it tends to go on for days, both OOC and IC, and in the end nobody's learned a thing.

So I propose to put a stop to any confusion before it starts, and put a page on the wiki where it is clearly stated what the differences between nobles and commoners are, and how nobles speaking of equality between the two classes should be flayed alive by their peers. Have it signed by Tom himself, so nobody can say 'oh these are just guidelines by players, not rules'. Maybe that way, the players behind the 'affirmative action' nobles will change their ways, or at the very least realize just how insane their characters sound.