Author Topic: Clear explanation of the difference between nobles and commoners.  (Read 32548 times)

wraith

• Knight
  • Da Hadez Family
    • View Profile
The word from Tom is that to a noble adventurers are the lowest of the low.

So, they should be thought of as little more than working animals like oxen or dogs.. but..

If another noble kicked my best hunting dog for no good reason my noble would likely be annoyed; not necessarily because the dog is in pain but because it's my bloody dog and if anyone is going to kick it it should be me. Other nobles may not care, or might invite their friends round for a drink and a game of kick-my-dog of an evening so it all depends on the noble's personality and how much their dog is worth to them whether they get annoyed or not when one of their human equivalents is assaulted without good reason.

Likewise some nobles may quite like other people's dogs and throw scraps to them as they ride by, others may just see them as hairy target practice and anyone who complains a sentimental fool.

Of course.. proving that a noble did not have good reason to abuse a particular dog would likely come down to their word against the victims; and what noble would take the word of an base animal over that of another noble.. unless that noble was known to be an egregious liar?

Regardless of all this no noble would claim any dog was their equal or should have equal rights, though. That would be plainly ridiculous.

As long as RP of action and complaint makes sense then it's all good.
"There are 11 kinds of people in the world; those who do not understand binary, those who think they understand binary and those who understand endianness."