Author Topic: Clear explanation of the difference between nobles and commoners.  (Read 32474 times)

egamma

My quarrel is not that people think advies shouldn't treated as piles of dog !@#$ all the time. But in every realm, there's always a handful of nobles who say advies should be treated as equal to nobles, and they hardly ever get called out for speaking such nonsense. At worst they risk a reprimand, usually they just get away with it without any problems. There have been realms where the rulers themselves spoke such drivel, or where judges have punished nobles for mopping the floor with an advy. I recall an instance on FEI where a judge sent a nasty letter about his advy brother getting assassinated, yelling about how dishonorable it was and wanting compensation.

That's just... wrong.

The judge in Giblot passed a law (after a realm-wide vote) saying this:

Law 6 - Adventurers
    * Adventurers of Giblot are not to be arrested without being accused of a crime.
    * The arrest of foreign adventurers is highly encouraged!

I think we had 2 or 3 players go to other realms because of it. The way the judge framed it, basically, is that our adventurers are working for the region lords, and by arresting them without cause, the noble doing the arresting is causing harm to a region lord.