Author Topic: Diplomacy: The Game of International Intrigue  (Read 104671 times)

Gustav Kuriga

I change my playstyle each game, so that's not an issue. For me, at least. The first game I was in I played as Germany, and was trying to expand Germany to all German speaking regions, then just keep that size for the rest of the game. If I hadn't been inactive occasionally it probably would have worked. The second game as the Turks I tried to get everyone to fight each other. (didn't work out, that strategy)

This game I have something big planned, but I'm not telling anyone what that is.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
*cough* Roman empire *cough*

Gustav Kuriga

shush you.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
The Holy Roman Empire? Very interesting. ^_^
I kinda doubt that the roman empire is his doing since its been made public and he said he was keeping his plan secret.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
I gave up trying. It makes it less fun for me. If I know who I'm against, it gives me an advantage because I know your play styles too well.

For instance, my play style seems to be "become Silverfire's bitch."
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
For instance, my play style seems to be "become Silverfire's bitch."

It works so well too...

Reminds me of the other reason not to do non-anonymous: I may not win.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Gustav Kuriga

I would personally like to thank whoever started up the whole Holy Roman Empire thing. It adds atmosphere to a game that would otherwise just be a more complex version of risk.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I'm in this game somewhere. The first game I played I was Austria, but the turns were too fast so I was forced to abandon it.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
I would personally like to thank whoever started up the whole Holy Roman Empire thing. It adds atmosphere to a game that would otherwise just be a more complex version of risk.

Noooo.

Risk is just that: Risk. It's a game of chance using dice.

Diplomacy is fundamentally different: nothing is random except for the country you play.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Diplomacy is fundamentally different: nothing is random except for the country you play.

And sometimes you even get to pick that.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Ah, the intrigues of Diplomacy.  Turning friends to enemies and enemies to death. :-/
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
We need 3 more people to join:

http://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=90502

password is: Hello world!
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
We need 3 more people to join:

http://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=90502

password is: Hello world!

I might if you don't find anyone, but I was hoping to sit out a game or two. The games take a lot, at least for me.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I might if you don't find anyone, but I was hoping to sit out a game or two. The games take a lot, at least for me.
Maybe if you quit trying so hard others could win ;).
― G.K. Chesterton

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Haha, yes.  I don't join games unless I play to win.  It's too much effort to play to win, so I don't join games.  gg. :P
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.