Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 49558 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #105: December 12, 2011, 12:06:51 AM »
Doesn't it say it's incompatible with Skyrim version 1.3? I'm playing on Steam, and it patched automatically.
It's compatible, you just need to disable the steam overlay.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #106: December 12, 2011, 12:24:48 AM »
I've hit level 42 with my destruction mage, but more importantly, I have reached Destruction 100. I blast my way through most enemies now, and taking down a dragon isn't too hard as long as I don't run out of healing.

My Kajit sneak/assassin is level 22 or so. It's interesting to see that you can never be quite sure which enemies you can take out with a sneak (x3) arrow and which ones will be hurt, but not dead and yell alarm. I still have to fight way more often than I want to. But it is fun sneaking through an entire dungeon and murdering everyone from behind (x6 sneak bonus on melee attacks) without anyone noticing a thing.

Zakilevo

« Reply #107: December 12, 2011, 12:33:59 AM »
Sneak almost drove me crazy. I think it took longest for me to level it up.

There are some good ways to level up most skills. Most boring one was block. Just blocked against Deathlord and got it to 100 in like 2 hours? or 3.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: December 12, 2011, 12:41:35 AM »
Sneak almost drove me crazy. I think it took longest for me to level it up.

There are some good ways to level up most skills. Most boring one was block. Just blocked against Deathlord and got it to 100 in like 2 hours? or 3.
I just got that follower from the companions who trains block. Got 5 free block levels per level.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: December 12, 2011, 12:53:25 AM »
I am currently playing this character archetype:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBiNx749Zw

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: December 12, 2011, 10:01:30 AM »
I must have done something wrong. After installing the Injector, the Skyrim launcher freezes when I try to start the game (both using Steam and Nexus Mod Manager). I have disabled the in-game overlay. Help?

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: December 12, 2011, 11:46:12 AM »
I uninstalled the injector, and now it works again. But I'd like to get it working with FXAA :/

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #112: December 12, 2011, 02:52:53 PM »
Is it really worth it? Everyone seem to swear by it, but I've compared the before/after screenshots, and I personally liked the before ones more.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: December 12, 2011, 04:30:18 PM »
Is it really worth it? Everyone seem to swear by it, but I've compared the before/after screenshots, and I personally liked the before ones more.
Actually use it ingame, there's a toggle button. Its like night and day.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: December 12, 2011, 04:48:50 PM »
The original seems quite foggy. I do not dislike it at all, but I want to see the difference in-game first. SSs only say so much.

Zakilevo

« Reply #115: December 12, 2011, 06:30:11 PM »
YES my exams are over! I am gonna start another char and hit 81 again mwuahahaha.

Might try semi magic semi warrior/archer :D

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: December 13, 2011, 01:01:18 AM »
its on then Shizzle... as soon as my new rig actually works /me shoot myself.

As for mods, no really good mods will be out until the Creation Engine is out. After that I recommend looking at theengineeringguild.co.uk as they have quite a few plans for some awesome sounding mods (and with these guys the Voice-Over, Quality of Gameplay, Quests etc will give you hundreds of hours extra for the game to play with :P)
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: January 20, 2012, 02:42:35 AM »
So, I held off getting Skyrim at launch because I thought it would probably ruin my life. Finally got some time to start playing it this last week and boy, have I wasted some time in Skyrim! Ignored the main quest and wandered off to Falkreath before getting drunk and waking up in Markarth. Everything's been fresh and interesting so far. Loving some of the lore I've stumbled upon. Daedra quests are more interesting than I remember. No idea how I'll ever kill dragons when I do get around to the main questline. I've learned the hard way that if I try and kill something while not sneaking, I will end up dead! >.<

My buddy is playing an archer assassin. Apparently, you can kill most of things with one arrow. The down side is against bosses. Bosses are generally in places with no place to hide. Thats when you turn into a werewolf :D

Sometimes I have a go at picking them off from a distance and zipping around so they don't spot me, but sometimes you just gotta run. That's when you neck a Potion of Invisibility, quietly go learn the shout/loot the shiny chest/whatever and then make haste your escape! ;-)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: January 20, 2012, 08:33:39 AM »
Heh. I haven't walked away form anything in the game yet:P My first Sabretooth took me 10 attempts, though, and my first Ice Troll at least 50 arrows.

Killing dragons gets easier:) And there's a great quest in Makarth involving the prison!

Zakilevo

« Reply #119: January 20, 2012, 10:43:32 PM »
Dragons are a joke later. I remember when I was first ambushed by a sabretooth tiger. It killed my horse while I went to the washroom. My character was about to die when I came back and had to run like crazy. Good times.