Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 49207 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #120: January 20, 2012, 11:21:12 PM »
Dragons are a joke later. I remember when I was first ambushed by a sabretooth tiger. It killed my horse while I went to the washroom. My character was about to die when I came back and had to run like crazy. Good times.

Yeah, the wildlife in Skyrim if frightening. I wonder how humans could ever build up there, if a bear can kill you more easily than 5 fully-armed and armoured soldiers.

If at least they were afraid of fire, but no...

Zakilevo

« Reply #121: January 21, 2012, 12:06:35 AM »
I thought elephants were suppose to afraid of fire but memoths  were grazing beside it instead. I gotta say memoths are one of the strongest creatures. I actually saw a memoth killing two bandits, my horse, a sabretooth tiger, and my character all in one fight.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: January 21, 2012, 12:33:13 AM »
I thought elephants were suppose to afraid of fire but memoths  were grazing beside it instead. I gotta say memoths are one of the strongest creatures. I actually saw a memoth killing two bandits, my horse, a sabretooth tiger, and my character all in one fight.

... a mammoth?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Zakilevo

« Reply #123: January 21, 2012, 12:58:26 AM »
mammoth right. Why the hell did I spell it memoth holy crap. Thank you Perth.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: January 21, 2012, 08:38:39 AM »
mammoth right. Why the hell did I spell it memoth holy crap. Thank you Perth.

I thought it was humorous.  ;)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: January 21, 2012, 10:07:16 AM »

Try attacking a dragon with a mammoth nearby. The ultimate tank :)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: February 04, 2012, 03:36:27 AM »
Dungeon crawling got so much easier once I learned the Invisibility spell. Generally, killing stuff is a joke for me now as a result. It was true what you all said about dragons too. First encountered dragons at level 36 and for a while I thought you were all nasty liars as I got butchered time and time again, but now dragon slaying is a breeze :P

Done all the main questlines besides finishing the civil war. Just started upon that. At the start of my playthrough I went with the Imperial guy in Helgen. For the whole game I was thinking I would oppose the Stormcloaks because they were basically bloodthirsty Nord supremacists. But then after the ceasefire negotiations, so many run-ins with the Thalmor and reading a book or two on the war with the Aldmeri Dominion I thought hell with it, I'll join Ulfric... I'm maybe three quests in and wish I'd gone with my gut and joined the Imperials!

I know I'm a Daedra worshipping, Sithis hailing former werewolf, but I thought Jarl Balgruuf was pretty sound and I appreciated his principles. Together we saved all of Skyrim from the menace of dragonkind! Alas, I think I'm about to become responsible for Jarl Balgruuf going the way of High King Torygg! :-(

Zakilevo

« Reply #127: February 04, 2012, 03:52:37 AM »
Ah I see you are almost done with the main part of the game. After that there aren't that many things to do. Did you do three guild quests? The Companion, The mage's college and the thief guild. Or the Dark brotherhood?

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: February 04, 2012, 02:07:15 PM »
Ah I see you are almost done with the main part of the game. After that there aren't that many things to do. Did you do three guild quests? The Companion, The mage's college and the thief guild. Or the Dark brotherhood?

Yup, done all of that. I think it took a mite too long to fully restore the Thieves Guild with all those generic quests though. The College quests made me comfortable with using magic seriously in an Elder Scrolls game for the first time ever, though it helped acquiring the sort of apparel that actually gave me the mana to have some fun with it all ;-)

Think I'm going to go out of the way to acquire at least 15 daedra artifacts, discover all the standing stones and rack up high bounties before I'm done though. Unlock all those Steam Achievements. After spending 76 hours on Morrowind whilst doing almost nothing, being too scared to even set foot in a Dwemer ruin, I feel like I have to do everything I possibly can to redeem myself in the later TES games!

Have to say though, disappointed not to have seen any really crazy things happen in Skyrim yet. One of the best things I ever saw in Oblivion was an NPC of the Dark Brotherhood randomly assassinating everyone in the Brotherhood Living Quarters. Some bugs are hilarious :-D

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #129: February 04, 2012, 02:21:08 PM »
I'm not reading that... lalalalala... :-)

I have a fresh character started after testing out various things, and this one I like best of all so far. I'm at level 41 now, I'm playing mostly as a warrior, one-handed plus shield, with a bit of conjuration magic (and a few other spells such as ironskin, etc.) and my main focus is on smithing and enchanting. What I lack in skills I make up in equipment. My enchanted glass sword does 36+25 damage and the only piece of equipment I have that is not enchanted is my pickaxe. :-)

Breton + Atronarch stone turned out to be a massively great combination. Together with fire or frost 50% resistance boots (I have both and switch as I need), when I turn on dragonskin, I can stand at ground zero of any magical attack and the only thing it does is regenerate my mana. Which I then blast right back at them with destruction spells. Now THAT's what I call a magical duel. :-)

Zakilevo

« Reply #130: February 04, 2012, 06:04:52 PM »
I think I took the enchantment middle tree, maxed the first one handed skill to 5, maxed out effectiveness of alchemy to 5, and the right blacksmith tree. You get incredible damage output this way. First enchant your items to increase potion making, then make potions which will increase enchanting. After that drink potions to make better enchantment to improve potion making. Make better enchanting potions, and just repeat that until you get potion of blacksmithing (can't remember the exact name anymore) which will enhance blacksmithing by 130%. That should give you enable you to fully upgrade your daedric artifacts. For non artifact, you will get really good weapons like that.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: February 07, 2012, 03:46:40 AM »
I'm not reading that... lalalalala... :-)

Haha, sorry about that. What with my being so late to the party I thought everyone would have done the big quests by now. Guess I forgot we're talking about an Elder Scrolls game here! :-p

Ah I see you are almost done with the main part of the game. After that there aren't that many things to do.

I don't know whether it's by accident, but the few loose interesting loose ends I had left have somehow snowballed into an unending torrent of main quests that I just can't whittle down past 6 or 7. It's almost scary how much Skyrim doesn't want me to leave >.<

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #132: February 07, 2012, 04:59:22 AM »
So I found out that you shouldn't do an Imperial mission to take a fort with a bounty on your head, especially after killing a guard, because then the Imperials will want your head... and seeing as how that guy who you escaped from the village in the beginning with (if he was Imperial, that is) is invincible... that can be a problem.

Zakilevo

« Reply #133: February 07, 2012, 05:04:41 AM »
Keep him down by beating him constantly. That is what I did. I killed everyone in the village and my horse kick the hell out of that imperial guy. I eventually got bored and left the village though.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #134: February 07, 2012, 06:58:34 AM »
I'm trying to complete a mission where you capture a fort for the Legion, you dolt. ^_^

He's the guy I have to report to besides to complete it. Anyways, I solved the issue by loading an autosave from before I got the bounty on me.