Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 49059 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Skyrim
« Reply #75: November 15, 2011, 11:15:36 PM »
Doesn't work for the daedric quest.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: November 16, 2011, 12:19:08 AM »
I'm still a happy archer :) I want to get some better conjuration up (to get tanks), because so far I can only revive zombies :/

Also, I'm lvl 15 and still playing on Master :D Everytime I meet a bear, sabretooth or ice wolf I need to reload a save game and approach carefully, though :P Sometimes even for Frost Spiders :D Basically, whenever I see something bad, I find a ledge to stand on and rain arrows down on my prey :) Faendal does the rest, taking the hits ^^

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: November 16, 2011, 01:14:57 AM »
Doesn't work for the daedric quest.
Reload from an earlier version.
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Zakilevo

« Reply #78: November 16, 2011, 01:28:14 AM »
Too far back. w/e I don't need the item. I will just do other daedric quests. 6 more to go ~

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: November 26, 2011, 05:13:10 PM »
Have you guys been using any mods? I've not had time to check any out, but I've had a few recommended to me:

Craftable arrows:
http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1178#content

A few extra craftable things that were in the game, but left out:
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1020#content

Coloured map markers:
http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1327#content

There are a few texture packs that come highly recommended on that site too, but I would imagine using a lot of them can cause a lot of lag for some cards so it's better to go through and decide yourself if you want them.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #80: November 26, 2011, 06:34:21 PM »
Destruction mage at level 22 or so now. Works well so far. I don't need to sneak, I simply blast anything that gets in my way with 2-3 fireballs (dual-wield) and that kills pretty much anything. For things that don't die when I run out of mana, I have a mighty crafted bow + poison. There's very little left in Skyrim that can stand up to me when I'm loaded up with enough magicka potions.

Disadvantage: I have to go without companions - I would blow them up because they're too stupid to hang back when I'm throwing AOE spells around.

Zakilevo

« Reply #81: November 26, 2011, 07:17:02 PM »
Level 68 now. Most of my skills are higher than 60. All my combat skills are maxed out. I should really.. stop.. this game...

It was painful to increase magic with only 200 mana. Maybe I will try a mage next time. A conjurer looked pretty cool.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: November 26, 2011, 08:13:01 PM »
For things that don't die when I run out of mana

You should try getting some clothing that brings the cost of spells down. Or get the perks in Restoration in that increase magicka regen.

Level 68 now. Most of my skills are higher than 60. All my combat skills are maxed out. I should really.. stop.. this game...

Hah, I thought I'd spent a lot of time on it. Level 53 myself. Although I haven't been switching armour/weapons/magic around, so I've been using things I've got 100 skill in for a long time. Might just suddenly change to using light armour with double handed swords. Then change to destruction magic/shield combo.

A conjurer looked pretty cool.

It's rather over powered. Once you get the perk for 2 summons at once, you can just walk through dungeons even on master difficulty. I think summons level with difficulty too, so at the moment I'm summoning two master difficulty Dremora Lords and just sitting back with a bow, occasionally going in with my mace if I get bored.

Zakilevo

« Reply #83: November 26, 2011, 08:24:20 PM »
I gathered all the daedric artifacts but some of them are garbage. I like Sanguine staff though. Summoning Daedra for 120 seconds is pretty awesome. Master difficulty isn't so hard since I have over 1.2k armour with wearing my heavy armour. But when I fall from a high ground, I take so much damage. I think Master difficult increases the damage you take overall. I think only time I almost died in Master difficulty was when two dragons attacked me. Ancient dragons are tough as hell to kill with a bow and I have to hide or use dragonrend to bring them down from the sky.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #84: November 26, 2011, 09:11:30 PM »
You should try getting some clothing that brings the cost of spells down. Or get the perks in Restoration in that increase magicka regen.

Oh, I'm wearing -75% robes and some other clothes to bring costs further down. But dual-casted fireballs or chain lightnings are still very expensive. The modifier is 2.8 I think, but I tell you, a dual-cast fireball really smashes almost everything in the game. I blast away Draugrs with just one of them.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: November 27, 2011, 05:52:15 AM »
Oh, I'm wearing -75% robes and some other clothes to bring costs further down. But dual-casted fireballs or chain lightnings are still very expensive. The modifier is 2.8 I think, but I tell you, a dual-cast fireball really smashes almost everything in the game. I blast away Draugrs with just one of them.
With 100 enchanting, +enchanting potions, and crazy +enchanting items, you can get up to 100% off on destro robes, which means you can infinitely cast master level spells with no mana loss. It's not even gamebreaking on Master.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: November 27, 2011, 12:08:57 PM »
With 100 enchanting, +enchanting potions, and crazy +enchanting items, you can get up to 100% off on destro robes, which means you can infinitely cast master level spells with no mana loss. It's not even gamebreaking on Master.

You sure? In the video I saw of a guy doing that, he was still losing magicka, just really slowly. I think it's probably capped at -85% like most things.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: November 27, 2011, 12:18:54 PM »
Played this for a bit. I normally go at normal difficulty, but my sneaky archer was just not getting spotted at all. I turned it one notch up, but it seems still the same. I might have to up difficulty further when I have some time again, though I'm not sure difficulty affects how easily you are spotted (At least it makes the consequences worse). At the moment, I'm beginning to believe I can walk in front of at least some enemies without them noticing me at all. The whole sneakiness doesn't really work with bosses and dragons though, but I got a backpack filled with potions for that! I seem to have a lot of gold though, to the point I'm wondering why I'm still looting every single chest for stuff to sell.

I would really love to play through this with a character focused on Magic one day as well. When I have time....

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #88: November 27, 2011, 12:41:36 PM »
I would really love to play through this with a character focused on Magic one day as well. When I have time....

That's the true evil of those Elder Scrolls games - you always want to try out different characters. I can come up with at least 5 other concepts without trying. For Oblivion there was a conjuration mod that raised the number of creatures you could control according to your level, up to a max of 4 or 5. That made playing a conjurer really fun. There are mods for Skyrim out already that make playing a hunter interesting - like the ability to craft your own arrows.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: November 27, 2011, 03:27:00 PM »
Morrowind had a unique glove (master Aylron from House Telvanni?) summoning a flame, ice and storm atronach at the same time :)