Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 49060 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Skyrim
« Reply #90: November 27, 2011, 06:47:55 PM »
Huh. I just realized you can actually cook in this game. I mean why? Food doesn't heal much anyway. I would rather craft a potion.

Did anyone get a chance to become a vampire? Apparently if you get hit enough times by a vampire you will turn into one.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #91: November 27, 2011, 07:10:41 PM »
Huh. I just realized you can actually cook in this game. I mean why? Food doesn't heal much anyway. I would rather craft a potion.

Did anyone get a chance to become a vampire? Apparently if you get hit enough times by a vampire you will turn into one.

Food is more abundant, and some of the food gives bonuses that you can't get by potions.

Yes, I had a chance to become a vampire, had contracted vampirism, but I took a Cure Disease quickly, didn't want to.

Zakilevo

« Reply #92: November 27, 2011, 07:40:43 PM »
My character is a werewolf but he is stronger when he isn't one. I should just cure it.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: November 28, 2011, 11:17:18 AM »
I heard Vampirism follows the same pattern as it did in Oblivion. Meaning that you first contract the disease, with no real symptoms. After 48 hours without cure, you become a vampire. This works in stages: without feeding you become more powerful, but also it becomes more visible that you are a vampire. You will gradually be unable to walk in the sun, and people will shun you for your pale looks. If you feed, however, that process halts (and is even reverted?).

I assume that you'll be able to turn back normal somehow by means of a specific quest, though once that is complete, you'll become immune to vampirism.

For werewolves: I never found them very useful. There's a guy in the Compagnions, though, Vilkas, who in one quest seemed to be able to change form at will. Is this also possible for the player character? (In Morrowind/Bloodmoon there was a pendant that enabled switching)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #94: December 07, 2011, 08:10:03 PM »
And just because I can: Skyrim runs in a virtual machine on this computer... sounds is too quiet to really play that way, but I could... no more rebooting... I may actually consider it.

In other news: Level 33 now...

Zakilevo

« Reply #95: December 07, 2011, 08:12:29 PM »
I had to stop playing skyrim because of the exams... still got two more to go... Once they are done however... it will be time for me to hit level 81.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: December 08, 2011, 09:46:40 AM »
I had to stop playing skyrim because of the exams... still got two more to go... Once they are done however... it will be time for me to hit level 81.

Are you serious?

I haven't really played Skyrim anymore. Back to M2:TW for now. Moors, ftw.

But I will go back to Tamriel soon :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: December 08, 2011, 07:09:21 PM »
Are you serious?

You tire of it so quickly?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: December 08, 2011, 07:46:04 PM »
You tire of it so quickly?

Not at all :) someone uninstalled GameBooster, and I was weary to reinstall it. As long as I can't play Skyrim I might be able to study some for the upcoming exams :P

But that plan failed, I'll be playing in 5' :D

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: December 08, 2011, 07:54:14 PM »
Not at all :) someone uninstalled GameBooster, and I was weary to reinstall it. As long as I can't play Skyrim I might be able to study some for the upcoming exams :P

But that plan failed, I'll be playing in 5' :D

Haha. Yea, I need to do some serious studying too. Yesterday, my friend was like "Hey, Orcs Must Die, and all DLC, is 75% off! (or something like that". Well, let's just say that I have now finished the campaign of the vanilla Orcs Must die. So much for studying yesterday...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #100: December 08, 2011, 08:34:47 PM »
Haha. Yea, I need to do some serious studying too. Yesterday, my friend was like "Hey, Orcs Must Die, and all DLC, is 75% off! (or something like that". Well, let's just say that I have now finished the campaign of the vanilla Orcs Must die. So much for studying yesterday...

True, Orcs Must Die was pretty nice. I'm not too fanatical about playing more of it, but it was definitely fun.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: December 08, 2011, 08:49:37 PM »
Are you serious?

I'll have to hit you up for a battle or two one night when the new rig works lol
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: December 11, 2011, 08:11:50 PM »
:) sure. I have no experience with MP, though.

Can anyone recommend mods for Skyrim? So far I've only put in new ore textures and thunder sounds. Does anyone use Tytanis?

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: December 11, 2011, 08:14:13 PM »
:) sure. I have no experience with MP, though.

Can anyone recommend mods for Skyrim? So far I've only put in new ore textures and thunder sounds. Does anyone use Tytanis?
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=131
Regular skyrim seems black-and-white and totally washed out after using this for a few days.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: December 11, 2011, 11:38:26 PM »
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=131
Regular skyrim seems black-and-white and totally washed out after using this for a few days.

Doesn't it say it's incompatible with Skyrim version 1.3? I'm playing on Steam, and it patched automatically.