Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Fifth Invasion

Started by Lefanis, December 02, 2011, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solari

Quote from: Lorgan on May 01, 2012, 09:25:38 PM
So with Midnight of the East retreating from Agyr with 20 daimons, disturbing our refit train, we now have Darkest Hour of the West moving into Unger.
I don't think we've ever been a worse state to be attacked, let's see how it goes. :)

Yup, this is gonna blow.

Marlboro

Did OG manage to kill any Daimons? I only ask because all three units are about even in strength, which indicates that DHotW can either shuffle around his troops from unit to unit, he can recruit from a blighted enemy capital, or they just didn't encounter much resistance.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsevtqSChG0
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Velax

Quote from: Marlboro on May 02, 2012, 12:02:55 AM
Did OG manage to kill any Daimons? I only ask because all three units are about even in strength, which indicates that DHotW can either shuffle around his troops from unit to unit, he can recruit from a blighted enemy capital, or they just didn't encounter much resistance.

Or that roughly equal damage was done to each unit.

Charles

The two blocking units may have been larger to begin with.  One would expect that OG managed to kill some.

Marlboro

Quote from: Charles on May 02, 2012, 05:09:35 AM
The two blocking units may have been larger to begin with.  One would expect that OG managed to kill some.

Yes, one would. ~40 by my estimates, though I posited other possibilities in the hopes that they'd be confirmed or denied, hopefully by someone from OG. 40 is not a lot, especially since the siege went on for some time. If it's one of the other two options then that would shed some light on how the Horrors refit.

My character has been in combat with them a great deal, to the point where honestly I (the player) know more about fighting Daimons than fighting other humans. However, there's still a lot to learn, as I'm sure is the case for most everyone else.

Edit: vvv Thanks for the assist!!!

Iltaran

Don't have the battlereports on hand, but we killed about 300 by my estimate. There were ~600 when they hit Ossmat and ~300 when they hit Unger.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Turner

That sounds about right. We did manage to kill off some of their forces, once we got into Ossmat most of us dumped our units as militia and recruited fresh for every turn change until we started running low on gold :P
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Marlboro

Still unsure how you guys thinned the rear unit almost as much as you did the front two, which tells me they prolly can shuffle around their dudes from unit to unit.

Unless you have a ton of snipers. But yeah, that was exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks. :D

Iltaran

Actually, I'm looking over the Battlereports now, and it turns out the front two units were a lot stronger than the rear one when they attacked Ossmat.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

mikm

Thalmarkin managed to gather over 2000 soldiers in one place. Impresive!

Solari

Quote from: mikm on May 02, 2012, 06:32:42 PM
Thalmarkin managed to gather over 2000 soldiers in one place. Impresive!

If only you could have seen the battle reports from when Unger was under siege Pomatim.  ~3,000 soldiers for Thal, > 4,000 total.  It was beautiful.  Reminded me of days long gone on EI (eat it, young'uns—It's not EC!).  :'(

Lorgan

QuoteNetherworld            140 men   140 men   32450 CS

Darkest Hour of the West and Midnight of the East together. :)

fodder

so.. eh.. whatever happened to that daimon religion? seems to have gone *poof* or is that old news?
firefox

Lorgan

The sons were the priests. The sons are dead. So that's the end of the religion I suppose, no priests no religion.

Charles

The daimons seem a bit too quiet.
Last time they went quiet, they came back with much tougher units if I recall things correctly.