Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Fifth Invasion

Started by Lefanis, December 02, 2011, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telrunya

The worst thing about being wounded is the fact you can't see the Scout Report of the aftermath of the battle. What happened in Rummanen? I received a few messages that were far more positive then I thought it should be.

Now praying I'll heal up quick enough with my wounds already worsening as I believe Sassan has my Healing Scroll, and he's seriously wounded as well :)

Arrakis

We only had 17k and some were not in proper place, so the charge devoured us as usual. The daimons are now moving to Uscala. Whether they stop there or accompany us to rines remains to be seen.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Telrunya

That's what I figured, yes. Guess those letters were just more positive then they should be.

Anaris

Quote from: Arrakis on May 31, 2012, 04:21:48 PM
We only had 17k and some were not in proper place, so the charge devoured us as usual. The daimons are now moving to Uscala. Whether they stop there or accompany us to rines remains to be seen.

We did not have "some not in proper place", our illustrious Marshal had Archer Opening set.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Arrakis

Ah, I apologize. Didn't really study the report, just figured people were out of place. My bad. :)

Indirik

Well, technically, they still weren't in the right place. It just wasn't their fault. :P
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Arrakis

Lol indeed.  :)

Anyway, the south seems pretty desperate. The Daimon running around seems invincible, and since I assume his unit has cohesion and stuff, it appears to be quite upgraded since it is alive for so long. Riombara spent several weeks building an army and we peaked at 25K i think, which doesn't appear to be enough. The only place to defeat them is in our capital but he won't come. Whatever he does next I just hope this rhapsody of boredom ends soon.

Indirik

Quote from: Lorgan on May 30, 2012, 07:41:02 PMI'm starting to think that all these unblightings are just a bait cleverly orchestrated by Overlord to distract the weak-willed amongst us...

Sint bit.
It's not like Thalmarkin is giving Sint any incentive to come help. Both letters that I've seen have been very insulting. There was never even a "Can you guys come help us out?" And no consideration given to the fact that we have a rather large unit of blight daimons ravaging our lands.

At least not that I've seen. If it was sent to the general... well, he was pretty inactive for quite a while. Sint's command structure is a complete mess.

Lorgan

Quote from: Indirik on May 31, 2012, 04:58:33 PM
It's not like Thalmarkin is giving Sint any incentive to come help. Both letters that I've seen have been very insulting. There was never even a "Can you guys come help us out?" And no consideration given to the fact that we have a rather large unit of blight daimons ravaging our lands.

At least not that I've seen. If it was sent to the general... well, he was pretty inactive for quite a while. Sint's command structure is a complete mess.

Sometimes you deserve to be insulted. It's not like those letters were sent /before/ Sint started marching the wrong way either.

Indirik

They were sent when our army was already sitting in Daisha, waiting to move on Firbalt, because no one had asked us to do anything else. (Well, half of us were in Daisha. The idlers were all sitting around in Keffa doing nothing.) The first thing we heard about a coordinated attack on Overlord was Fingolfin's rant/threat. Were we supposed to know by, say, osmosis that there was this attack on Overlord planned? So when you start complaining about how Sint wasn't doing anything, you can thank your own crappy planning for not *asking* them to do anything. Srsly, what's the Draconic Union for, if not planning and coordinating these kinds of things?

If I were Sint's general I would have made it a point to tell Fingolfin to go piss in the wind. And the next time he want's help, he'd better ask politely the first time.

Lorgan

Quote from: Indirik on May 31, 2012, 07:03:46 PM
They were sent when our army was already sitting in Daisha, waiting to move on Firbalt, because no one had asked us to do anything else. (Well, half of us were in Daisha. The idlers were all sitting around in Keffa doing nothing.) The first thing we heard about a coordinated attack on Overlord was Fingolfin's rant/threat. Were we supposed to know by, say, osmosis that there was this attack on Overlord planned? So when you start complaining about how Sint wasn't doing anything, you can thank your own crappy planning for not *asking* them to do anything. Srsly, what's the Draconic Union for, if not planning and coordinating these kinds of things?

If I were Sint's general I would have made it a point to tell Fingolfin to go piss in the wind. And the next time he want's help, he'd better ask politely the first time.

I find that very hard to believe. Old Grehk has been sitting in Unger for almost a week, waiting. Did they just march on nothing but instinct? The answer is no.
/Every/ realm in the North has been contacted days before Fingolfin's letter to your new general. It's not our fault your ruler and general were inactive/apathetic.

Noldorin

Well, I have been sending continuous letters to the human rulers, a few of them per week or so the last months. Im not sure what you know about it, but Benton has not sent a single letter to the rulers for 35 days now. If Sint is pleased with this and thinks he is doing an awesome job, then my and Lorgans letters werent even close to what you deserve.

"because no one had asked us to do anything else"

LOL. I would be happy to see proof for this, since I have lots of letters in my out-box stating differently. This is perhaps not Sints fault and only Bentons, but again if your ruler's activity pleases you, you deserve alot more crap than you have recieved. As a ruler I primarily write to the rulers (since this includes realms that are not in the Draconic Union), while I expect my general to write the generals and then just about anyone can adress the DU. After not hearing a word from Sint in ages and also checking your military strength vs ecnomic strength etc I wrote the letter to your general, which was far less insulting than it should have been acctually. Your General seem to be very sympathetic though and agree in what I said, but perhaps he was just being nice, who knows :)

And be carefull where you ask me to piss, cause next time it might just be on Sint  8)
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Indirik

Quote from: Noldorin on May 31, 2012, 07:21:12 PMIm not sure what you know about it, but Benton has not sent a single letter to the rulers for 35 days now. If Sint is pleased with this and thinks he is doing an awesome job, then my and Lorgans letters werent even close to what you deserve.
No, he's inactive and ineffective. And we all know it.

Quote"because no one had asked us to do anything else"

LOL. I would be happy to see proof for this, since I have lots of letters in my out-box stating differently.
If only I could. What I can tell you is that in the realm, the Military Council, and the Draconic Union, not a single message or request was passed for Sint to do anything at all. Which is why Lorgan's letter to the Draconic Union pissed off so many people. You're insulting the wrong people, which won't convince anyone to be sympathetic to your call.

QuoteYour General seem to be very sympathetic though and agree in what I said, but perhaps he was just being nice, who knows :)
He agrees that Sint has been idling too much, too. We all do. Ineffective leadership, and a marshal with no initiative. Thiara is great if she has an objective. But she won't come up with objectives on her own.

QuoteAnd be carefull where you ask me to piss, cause next time it might just be on Sint  8)
Please do. They (we ;) ) have a LOT of inactive high-ranking members. I've been complaining about it to the realm, and the military council for weeks, if not months. In fact, I had already told the realm that I was marching east to go fight the daimons, and if Sint didn't march, then I was going to join someone else who did. I even looked for empty estates in Thalmarkin while I was there, but didn't see any. Sint did end up marching to fight in Jedinchel/Qual, though, so I stuck with them. For now, anyway. As long as they keep fighting, I'll stick with it. Especially now that Ralina knows that Thalmarkin is a bunch of jerks. >:(

Noldorin

Well, we insulted the leadership (at least Fingolfins letter was for the leadership only, more or less), so if others in Sint feel accused by it, they probably do so only because they should.

I get the feeling from your words that you acctually agree with the critics of Sint's slacking, so Im not sure what the conversation is about, except that some phrases may have been harsh. But well, we arent playing dolls here.
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Indirik

Yes, I do agree that Sint is slacking off. Like I said: Totally ineffective leadership. Benton blames it on the realm, because he claims he's only there for diplomacy purposes, and that it's everyone else's job to actually run the realm. Reminds me of ruler in Fontan (Aulus Severus) who claimed the same thing. Funny how it got Fontan roflstomped, and it's looking like it's going to be the same for Sint when the invasion is over. :P Don't worry, I won't shed any tears for them.

But even so, stating all that so blatantly and harshly in a public forum where *none* of these complaints had previously been voiced before... what did you *think* would happen? That everyone in Sint would just trip all over themselves trying to please Thalmarkin?