Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 450273 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #510: February 08, 2012, 12:15:53 AM »
I've noticed that the more Netherworld armies get their ass kicked, the more Overlord gloats of different battles in which they were victorious.

He drops stuff subtly that seem like they could be of importance, hence why I share the taunts to the realm, but I can't think of any way to use it to good use, so I forget it. Perhaps I'd realize something if I re-read it all at the same time, not sure.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #511: February 08, 2012, 12:22:02 AM »
I remember Soren was in the heart of the Daimon invasion and destruction of Heen in 4th invasion. He's also a bit touched in the head at this point. I don't think the Daimons scare him so much anymore. I'd love to keep RPing some stuff with the Daimons, but 1st Son just sort of laughed at him last time (not that I blame him).

Though really, despite the hints Tom says we know, I don't think anyone realizes that they're hints because no one has put anything together thus far...

From my reading, Tom KNOWS that certain characters have put it all together, not just that they have all the pieces. The fact they aren't acting or aren't sharing it doesn't mean they haven't worked it out.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #512: February 08, 2012, 12:29:38 AM »
Perhaps I'm missing something, but the only conclusions' I got to were: 1) pray the advies find more scrolls and 2) send our armies at the daimons to try to kill/capture as many of them as possible.

For example, Overlord said that we should all understand how the blight works by now. However, as a ruler, I've seen most of the messages going around, and I have no clue how the blight works, other than the obvious that takeovers usually allow them. Portal stones can blight a region, but they aren't needed to blight a region, so I'm not sure if they have another use than that.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #513: February 08, 2012, 12:34:27 AM »
Someone from Enweil just said why did Overlord want other realms to destroy Enweil. There might be a possibility he can't do it himself?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #514: February 08, 2012, 12:36:39 AM »
Someone from Enweil just said why did Overlord want other realms to destroy Enweil. There might be a possibility he can't do it himself?

Nothoi will be able to show us this.

Vassalizing Enweil was in my long-term plans anyways, I just lacked the time to lay the proper groundworks for it. Now, the daimons just make the task so much easier. I'm not gonna let an invasion stand in the way of my god-given mission, am I? I am the messiah, after all!

Zakilevo

« Reply #515: February 08, 2012, 01:51:11 AM »
Many people are actually considering to join Riombara instead of IVF. Riombara wants Enweilieos just as bad  8)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #516: February 08, 2012, 01:55:16 AM »
Human-like, I think. If I remember correctly. That's one of the first things I asked First Son when I met him. I might have it saved up somewhere.

The sons look human, but aren't.

The other daimon worship priests (yes, most of you haven't seen them yet) are humans.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #517: February 08, 2012, 01:58:19 AM »
Many people are actually considering to join Riombara instead of IVF. Riombara wants Enweilieos just as bad  8)

I have no doubt Riombara wants Enweilieos just as bad. But Guillaume stated it clearly not that long ago: 1) it will not be tolerated that a non-Enweili realm gets Enweilieos and 2) Fheuv'n will go to war against anyone who takes up Overlord's offer.

I'd have a hard time seeing Enweil as a whole join Riombara, but if they do, then it's war.

Which I guess would simplify a whole lot of things.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #518: February 08, 2012, 02:36:44 AM »
For example, Overlord said that we should all understand how the blight works by now. However, as a ruler, I've seen most of the messages going around, and I have no clue how the blight works, other than the obvious that takeovers usually allow them. Portal stones can blight a region, but they aren't needed to blight a region, so I'm not sure if they have another use than that.

My understanding is that the blight (edit:automatically) spreads when a region no longer connects to any human-realm. So, now that Fengen is part of the Netherworld, Ulallo is blighted.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:46:01 AM by Sypher »

Zakilevo

« Reply #519: February 08, 2012, 03:19:47 AM »
Not true. Villriil got blighted even though we had Ulallo. It is also beside Riombara's city.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #520: February 08, 2012, 03:36:01 AM »
Villrill is a special case. It got blighted because of player actions. Specifically, someone used some portal stones and possibly a scroll?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521: February 08, 2012, 04:39:55 AM »
The other daimon worship priests (yes, most of you haven't seen them yet) are humans.
In fact, they're so human, that some people can't tell the difference between a priest of daimon worship, and a priest of Hemaism. :P

(Wait... is there really a difference? I haven't been able to find one yet.  ??? )
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #522: February 08, 2012, 01:26:01 PM »
That you don't get a reply doesn't mean that it wasn't appreciated. These RPs hopefully get shared with others, which helps build up an ambiance. Hopefully more prone to get shared than Overlord's taunts

I must second this. I very much enjoy reading RP's, but I have to spend a lot of time writing them, so don't always get that done. But I still read and enjoy them.

I have no doubt Riombara wants Enweilieos just as bad. But Guillaume stated it clearly not that long ago: 1) it will not be tolerated that a non-Enweili realm gets Enweilieos and 2) Fheuv'n will go to war against anyone who takes up Overlord's offer.

Heh. Good luck with that one ;) Can you even reach Riombara and Enweilieos with all the Daimons in the way? :P

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #523: February 08, 2012, 05:48:17 PM »
I did that in the beginning, but the few reactions I received were simply not worth the continued investment of time.

Yeah, I'd agree with what others have said - you don't have to reply to an RP to have found it enjoyable or have it influence you in some way.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #524: February 09, 2012, 02:03:00 PM »
Heh. Good luck with that one ;) Can you even reach Riombara and Enweilieos with all the Daimons in the way? :P

It would be in the daimons' best interests to let us kill each other. If they do stand in the way, then no, I can't reach Riombara. Is Riombara willing to take the risk of the Netherworld blocking our forces instead of clearing the way for them?

For Guillaume, it's a no-lose situation: either the daimons block him, and he gets to fight them, or either they leave him be while he fights Riombara, and has greater time of respite. He enjoys killing daimons, but he enjoys killing riombarans a lot more.