Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 430738 times)

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #135: December 12, 2011, 09:52:52 AM »
Well, I'm hoping Prudent shows up again so Nothoi can serve her, so we can continue to work on our extraplanar research.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: December 12, 2011, 12:22:09 PM »
Two daimon TLs are dead. Are there more TLs other than the Nightfalls?

Not yet.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: December 12, 2011, 06:51:18 PM »
Not yet.

Overlord's around. Haven't seen him since he looted Tsamn (or Pequad?) and was all like "Serve me, puny inferior beings!".

Referendum's out for mortality. I think a good number of those who are going to vote weren't actually there last time, though. I thought it sounded pretty cool at first too. :/

Wish it would come later. It would help to create a big epic finale if BT is doomed and the human realms make their final stands. Dying at the beginning of the invasion just sucks though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: December 12, 2011, 07:28:02 PM »
If Overlord wipes out BT, hasn't he indicated he might make a move on the other islands?
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: December 12, 2011, 07:31:13 PM »
I liked mortality, the only very big issue is that you can potentially miss out on the Invasion if your character dies (No way to get back). Now that we have the Fourth Invasion as a learning experience, I voted in favour despite my major issue. Ignoring the disadvantages, it did add a lot to the Invasion.

If Overlord wipes out BT, hasn't he indicated he might make a move on the other islands?

He said something about finding the other places we insult with our presence :) It's a pity my character in Riombara knows more about what's going on in Old Grehk then my newly-arrived character in Old Grehk though :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: December 12, 2011, 08:23:48 PM »
I liked mortality, the only very big issue is that you can potentially miss out on the Invasion if your character dies (No way to get back). Now that we have the Fourth Invasion as a learning experience, I voted in favour despite my major issue. Ignoring the disadvantages, it did add a lot to the Invasion.

He said something about finding the other places we insult with our presence :) It's a pity my character in Riombara knows more about what's going on in Old Grehk then my newly-arrived character in Old Grehk though :P

The daimons are melee from what I saw in the battle reports, though, so I'm thinking that if mortality kicks in, we might be seeing some Enweil-caliber waves of death. Unless the death rate is dramatically turned down from what it was last invasion.

If we die like people died to the monsters, you can say goodbye to BT pretty darn fast, though. It's already pretty depopulated, I doubt it can absorb such losses at this point.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: December 12, 2011, 08:31:17 PM »
There are various sorts of Daimons. And I assume Tom will do his best to balance the mortality rate, we now actually have some experience with the whole thing. Mortality rates were already adjusted during the Fourth Invasion.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: December 12, 2011, 08:46:59 PM »
There are various sorts of Daimons. And I assume Tom will do his best to balance the mortality rate, we now actually have some experience with the whole thing. Mortality rates were already adjusted during the Fourth Invasion.

Even the lowered rates were pretty bad for the monsters, because they had more more chances to kill than everyone else.

As for the various sorts of daimons, perhaps. Third invasion presented a bunch of different types. Last one only had ranged SF types, I think. Thus far, I've not seen many battle reports but I've only seen infantry (or melee SF) types.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #143: December 12, 2011, 08:56:03 PM »
Even the lowered rates were pretty bad for the monsters, because they had more more chances to kill than everyone else.

As for the various sorts of daimons, perhaps. Third invasion presented a bunch of different types. Last one only had ranged SF types, I think. Thus far, I've not seen many battle reports but I've only seen infantry (or melee SF) types.

The fire-flinging ranged SF types were present in the first wave of battles before they switched to using the melee troops. I have a secret theory that Tom was testing the different units in battle to see if they needed any adjustment. They are very formidable. 80 daimons can dish 1k plus hits at long range, which escalates up to well over 2k as the range closes, plus they're still tough as nails. I just hope we don't seem them in the same numbers we did during the Fourth Invasion, or bye-bye BT.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: December 12, 2011, 08:59:24 PM »
The fire-flinging ranged SF types were present in the first wave of battles before they switched to using the melee troops. I have a secret theory that Tom was testing the different units in battle to see if they needed any adjustment. They are very formidable. 80 daimons can dish 1k plus hits at long range, which escalates up to well over 2k as the range closes, plus they're still tough as nails. I just hope we don't seem them in the same numbers we did during the Fourth Invasion, or bye-bye BT.

If we see them, Tom is merciful.

Who else remembers the screechers?

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #145: December 12, 2011, 09:31:38 PM »

Now that you've mentioned this, it makes me wonder if they would come to Dwilight. My personal theory is that if they did, the Daimons on Dwilight would fight them -- if sufficiently motivated.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: December 12, 2011, 09:33:23 PM »
Now that you've mentioned this, it makes me wonder if they would come to Dwilight. My personal theory is that if they did, the Daimons on Dwilight would fight them -- if sufficiently motivated.

Some silly colonists wished for an invasion on their little isle. Maybe they should have been more careful for wat they wished for? :P

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #147: December 12, 2011, 09:56:54 PM »

I will preface this by saying that this is me talking as a player, not as a dev, as I have not talked to Tom about it and will not for a variety of reasons.

That said...I think it's entirely possible that Dwilight or some other island will be Invaded if BT falls.  It's not just for !@#$s and giggles that I have my two most prominent characters talking about it.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #148: December 12, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
Oh god. That would be just ridiculous. It would seem like Tom trying to kill of continents one by one. At the end shutting down the whole BM!

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #149: December 12, 2011, 10:09:23 PM »
That said...I think it's entirely possible that Dwilight or some other island will be Invaded if BT falls.  It's not just for !@#$s and giggles that I have my two most prominent characters talking about it.

Keep hunting for those portal stones, suckers! *sharpens his daimon-cleaver*