Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 430751 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #255: December 16, 2011, 05:09:03 PM »
How does one outwit the Devil?

Attempting to find loopholes in his methods, attempting to trick him...These are all aspects that are part of his domain. You will never win that way, will you?

So how? There was this saying that although gods and fate rule mortal lives, in all things chaos has its rightful place.

Which means er...dudes, this is a game. So let's assume for one second (because one second is all the thought this topic deserves) that you lose *everything* you've ever worked for in BM. You get up from your computer, and you're still alive and nothing has changed in your life. And if it has, you lead a rather sad life.

Metagaming? I don't think so. More like realizing something about the fact that it's a game. Why so cereal amigos?

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #256: December 16, 2011, 05:20:11 PM »
Which means er...dudes, this is a game. So let's assume for one second (because one second is all the thought this topic deserves) that you lose *everything* you've ever worked for in BM. You get up from your computer, and you're still alive and nothing has changed in your life. And if it has, you lead a rather sad life.

Sure. We could stop playing the game.

But as long as we play the game... figuring out how to beat the invaders is the game on Beluaterra.

We may lose. But can we try to win? It's not much fun if we don't even try.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #257: December 16, 2011, 05:25:23 PM »
I'm not saying stop playing. lol people sure enjoy misinterpreting words.

I'm saying that sometimes it's good to take a step back before you dive back in. That's the case with all things in life really. If you keep pushing forward in the heat of things, you'll blind yourself to a whole lot.

Silverhawk

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #258: December 16, 2011, 05:28:07 PM »
The only thing all the characters of BT could agree upon is that "roll over and die" is not an option for them. Sure, it will be sad for us as players if the continent is lost, but for our characters it will be the end of their lives. After all it's a roleplaying game.

Although I do agree that some players need to distance themself slightly more of their characters and should stop throwing threaths and demands around on the forum. Those never work, but a good discussion on the other hand has never harmed anyone.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.

Zakilevo

« Reply #259: December 16, 2011, 10:02:46 PM »
Overlord coming straight for Enweil. I hope he attacks Fengen so we can at least have an epic battle before Enweil dies.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #260: December 17, 2011, 03:02:41 AM »
"The more sophisticated the game, the more sophisticated the opponent. If the opponent is very good, he will place his victim inside an environment he can control. The bigger the environment, the easier the control. Toss the dog a bone, find their weakness, and give them just a little of what they think they want.

So the opponent simply distracts their victim by getting them consumed with their own consumption. The word "snake" springs to mind. Don't knock it. You only get smarter by playing a snake.

The bigger the trick and older the trick, the easier it is to pull, based on two principles: They think it can't be that old and they think it can't be that big, for so many people to have fallen for it. Eventually, when the opponent is challenged or questioned, it means the victim's investment and thus his intelligence is questioned. No-one can accept that, not even to themselves.

There is something about yourself that you don't know. Something that you will deny even exists, until it's too late to do anything about it. It's the only reason you get up in the morning. The only reason you suffer the !@#$ty puss, the blood, the sweat and the tears. This is because you want people to know how good, attractive, generous, funny, wild and clever you really are. Fear or revere me, but please, think I'm special. We share an addiction. We're approval junkies. We're all in it for the slap on the back and the gold watch. The hip-hip-hoo-!@#$in' rah. Look at the clever boy with the badge, polishing his trophy. Shine on you crazy diamond, because we're just monkeys wrapped in suits, begging for the approval of others."

-Jake Green, Revolver
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #261: December 17, 2011, 03:50:18 AM »
Sure did!

Didn't think of that. However, that would require a LOT more trust than what anyone has of each other.

Also, When I read back the messages, I'm always like "didn't he say MORE?" You did trick us in well in that regard, I was convinced I actually read that Old Grehk had been chosen.

It would have required but two realms to co-operate, obviously the distrust and betrayal theme of the last invasion has left its mark upon the continent.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #262: December 17, 2011, 06:30:51 AM »
So seems Mortality was favoured by a slight majority of the people that voted, but not enough to make it pass. 64 did not vote though, that surprised me a bit.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #263: December 17, 2011, 10:43:43 AM »
For some reason my adventurer got the option to vote, but could not because he was an adventurer. That was weird.

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #264: December 17, 2011, 02:38:29 PM »
How does one outwit the Devil?

Attempting to find loopholes in his methods, attempting to trick him...These are all aspects that are part of his domain. You will never win that way, will you?

Actually, literature is replete with tales of men tricking the devil, particularly through the use of quibbles.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #265: December 17, 2011, 03:34:15 PM »
Actually, literature is replete with tales of men tricking the devil, particularly through the use of quibbles.

Yeah, unfortunately the devil also has access to Wikipedia...

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #266: December 18, 2011, 03:40:37 PM »
Funky. My advies inventory has the Book of Daimon Banishing, but I don't remember how it got there... And I know I would have noticed if I found it in a search.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #267: December 19, 2011, 01:05:48 AM »
I figured it all out.

This is just like Diablo. In Diablo, you have different categories of enemies you face: Demons, Undead, and Creatures. Demons and Undead are fairly self-explanatory. The other creatures are things like angry goatmen, giant mosquitoes, yetis, water serpents, etc.

Therefore, the Daimons in BM are the Diablo version of demons, that encompass a variety, just like in Diablo, to separate the foot soldiers from the bosses like Mephisto and Baal. The Undead in BM are just like the Undead in Diablo. Actually it's lols cuz they got played pretty much like the Lich King's dudes in WoW in 4th Inv. Ok, so it's not Diablo. It's still Blizzard.

And the Monsters were everything else, so you can't go wrong there.

This means I just figured out everything, lol.

You just need to party up, get a good tank, have a healer, and do some nasty DPS to the daimons. Then get Overlord's soulstone and reassemble the Hellforge Hammer. After that, you shatter his soulstone on the Hellforge or something. Problem solved.

Although a difficulty arises because we can't really safely beat the 5th Invasion unless one of us knows spoilers for Diablo 3. lol. But that comes out in March. So let's try to stall the Invasion until then. lololololololololololol

Zakilevo

« Reply #268: December 19, 2011, 01:24:32 AM »
Rofl. Tom isn't very happy with people being lazy with updating wiki for the fifth invasion it seems. I mean there isn't much to write about except pure facts like CS and TLs..

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #269: December 19, 2011, 01:25:40 AM »
Might be result of cynicism following low payout in 4th Inv.