Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 433311 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #300: December 30, 2011, 02:21:32 AM »
Huh. Looks like Old Grehk is just determined to screw Fronen... Now they're running a TO in Wudenkin. Brilliant.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #301: December 30, 2011, 02:41:34 AM »
Flying Cavalry type Daimons were in the 3rd invasion as I recall.

Walls are helpful against them based on the battle report for Dyomoque that I saw. I'd rather fight Cavalry type Daimons than the ranged ones.

Zakilevo

« Reply #302: December 30, 2011, 03:08:20 AM »
Not really. They just ignored the wall completely. They just flew over the fortification and hit the first row of Enweil militia by the third turn. (They had 'Back' 'Line' setting.) Once they hit, they pretty much decimated all the militias.

Group of Daimons (2) score 3205 hits on Elf Archers (5).
Group of Daimons (2) score 1734 hits on Shadow Archers (24).
Group of Daimons (2) score 3697 hits on Blades of Darkness's Bane (4).
Group of Daimons (2) score 725 hits on fleur de lis (12).
Group of Daimons (2) score 741 hits on fleur de lis (11).
Group of Daimons (2) score 763 hits on fleur de lis (6).
Group of Daimons (2) score 911 hits on Kidney Punchers (13).
Group of Daimons (2) score 368 hits on Nikolai's Elite (22).
Group of Daimons (2) score 3425 hits on militia (17).
Group of Daimons (2) score 1093 hits on milita2 (14).
Group of Daimons (2) score 892 hits on milita3 (15).
Group of Daimons (2) score 968 hits on militia4 (18).
Group of Daimons (2) score 571 hits on militia6 (20).

Within two turns, they cleared out everyone except two units of 10.

Zakilevo

« Reply #303: December 30, 2011, 03:09:19 AM »
Huh. Looks like Old Grehk is just determined to screw Fronen... Now they're running a TO in Wudenkin. Brilliant.

Sint doesn't even have a general. Sigh. If we lost this invasion, we all know who to blame.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #304: December 30, 2011, 03:34:44 AM »
Not really. They just ignored the wall completely. They just flew over the fortification and hit the first row of Enweil militia by the third turn. (They had 'Back' 'Line' setting.) Once they hit, they pretty much decimated all the militias.

Within two turns, they cleared out everyone except two units of 10.

That sucks. Why would militia be in the back row? I thought militia deployed in the middle row always.

Anyways, for Dyomoque, first turn the Daimons charged forward and ended just in front of the walls. Militia moved forward to the walls. Then second turn the Daimons charged the wall but the lvl 3 walls reduced damage by about 30% and the militia were able to throw them back from the walls. It also helped that we were fighting a smaller Daimon army, 5k cs against 6.8k defenders.

Zakilevo

« Reply #305: December 30, 2011, 03:39:01 AM »
I was talking about the flying daimons. In the first turn they were at the back of the archer daimons. In the second turn, they were in the same row, and in the third turn, they were inside the walls - in the same row as our militia. And from that point, it was all downhill.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #306: December 30, 2011, 06:02:36 AM »
Flying daimons attacked Dyomoque, but there were only a little over 200 of them. They charged repeatedly, but they were much weaker than whatever Overlord is wandering around with; the militia was able to handle them relatively easily. I think there might be a couple varieties of the little beasties.

Zakilevo

« Reply #307: December 30, 2011, 06:12:05 AM »
There are different types. Just like we have units with better equipment (weapon/armour)

Overlord just disappeared from Fengen. A late christmas gift from Tom?!

Ones in Ketampkin are very strong cavalries while those units led by Nightfall of the East are generally weak archers.

Once you defeat the powerful versions of each type, they seem to recruit weaker. CS wise they are similar.

But when Nightfall of the East attacked Enweil with 8k for the first time, he was leading really good archers. Not the second time however. The second time, he got smashed and he had a weaker version of the previous archers.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #308: December 30, 2011, 02:01:54 PM »
Overlord just disappeared from Fengen. A late christmas gift from Tom?!

Not at all. Roleplay-wise, he didn't actually attack the city. He basically walked through it with his army. Imagine the Daimon army coming up to the gates, crashing through them, killing everyone in their way, walking through the city slaughtering whatever stands in their way, and then reaching the other gate, smashing it down, and leaving again. As if they were on their way somewhere and the city was simply in the way.

Overlord even sent a message "out of my way, cretins". Apparently, the city walls didn't listen.

But then, since no nobles were present at the battle, all the misinformation and guessing going on right now is pretty much good roleplaying. :-)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #309: December 30, 2011, 02:15:48 PM »
Overlord even sent a message "out of my way, cretins". Apparently, the city walls didn't listen.

All that effort, even asking nicely, and still they don't listen :P

Zakilevo

« Reply #310: December 30, 2011, 08:12:38 PM »
Sadly militia units lose their legs when they are assigned.

They probably wanted to move out of the way but what can they do when they can't move.

Overlord could have flown past them but no must go through the gates like a polite person. Like following the human rules it seems. My character will still be puzzled by why he destroyed the city and just left lol.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #311: January 01, 2012, 06:51:52 AM »
... What, have Fronen and Old Grehk decided to destroy the unity that the humans had finally managed to almost achieve?
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #312: January 01, 2012, 07:18:48 AM »
Pfft, don't blame Fronen. OG is trying to pull a fast one because they're greedy bastards.

Zakilevo

« Reply #313: January 01, 2012, 07:36:23 AM »
Some of the northern realms are finally marching toward the south. I think Sint and Thalmarkin are on their way.

OG is trying to take Wudenkin even at this moment. I am very happy with Riombara at the moment. They are of great help. After Overlord basically murdered everyone in Fengen, Enweil can barely gather 6k. Damn daimons. This invasion is more fun than the last one at least.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #314: January 01, 2012, 01:03:53 PM »
Fronen obviously wasn't able to manage Wudenkin, did you see what state it was in and then revolted under their rule? Luckily, her resources can still be used against the Daimons thanks to Old Grehk's capabilities. It is Fronen that has to throw a fit and sees issues like claims on Cities they can't hold any way as more important then ensuring survival against the Daimons. The times ask for such measures, we need the City in good hands and producing gold and men for us!

That said, that's just the opinion of my character in Old Grehk. My character in Riombara thinks exactly opposite to this and is very annoyed at Old Grehk's actions :)