Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 431501 times)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #855: March 06, 2012, 09:16:24 PM »
I fully agree with the fear thingy. Every Overlord's roleplay or letter is an attempt to intimidate and if you combine that with the often masking of his army strength, he is being very effective with his agenda. Fear is a weapon and he uses it very well.

I am of the opinion that recent human victories in the north and south weakened him a bit, but he still has a massive strategic advantage since the north and south are disconnected. Humans really need a breakthrough on how to TO blighted regions (which I assume is possible). Unless some progress is made there I doubt we can keep up. But who knows. :)

And of course...I would like also like to say that I am having a blast in this invasion. I just recently read all those first reports how the invasion began, and the atmosphere created is amazing. I play a character that is exiled from his homeland to battle for his life in Beluaterra. He has a personal agenda to reclaim Fwuvoghor and is simultaneously in charge of one of the largest human war machine on BT. That is Riombara of course, which , btw, became extremely vibrant and alive ever since Marche became the new High Chancellor.

I don't really care what happens to BT - although it would be nice to survive, i guess, even if just to get the reward for all the effort made into surviving. But for me the thrill is not in the destination, but in the journey.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #856: March 06, 2012, 10:06:41 PM »
I fully agree with the fear thingy. Every Overlord's roleplay or letter is an attempt to intimidate and if you combine that with the often masking of his army strength, he is being very effective with his agenda. Fear is a weapon and he uses it very well.

I totally just gave him a taste of his own medicine!  8)

You carefully work the ritual inscribed on your scroll of Fear.
Magic flows from the scroll and away. A cold feeling passes over you, and you know that the men in your target unit are shivering in fear.

I doubt it'll do anything but it's not like I was using it for anything else... :)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #857: March 06, 2012, 10:19:03 PM »
I totally just gave him a taste of his own medicine!  8)

You carefully work the ritual inscribed on your scroll of Fear.
Magic flows from the scroll and away. A cold feeling passes over you, and you know that the men in your target unit are shivering in fear.

I doubt it'll do anything but it's not like I was using it for anything else... :)

Wow, low-morale Daimons? Now that should be quite a sight...
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #858: March 06, 2012, 11:02:45 PM »
I wonder if they even have a morale stat. They fought to the last man every single time I've ever seen them in combat.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #859: March 06, 2012, 11:05:08 PM »
I wonder if they even have a morale stat. They fought to the last man every single time I've ever seen them in combat.

That could easily be a function of high Morale :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #860: March 06, 2012, 11:14:50 PM »
That could easily be a function of high Morale :)

Well, Overlord's boasting aside, we have a chance to find out at sunrise... Damn daimons just won't *die*. We've killed off about 3/4 of them, but all their wounded seem to come back the next turn.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #861: March 07, 2012, 12:38:41 AM »
Am I the only one discouraged at all the recent defeats of the daimons?

Come on, damn daimons, stop splitting your forces and go kick human ass! There are more realms to crush! Stop sleezing around!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #862: March 07, 2012, 01:13:16 AM »

Yes.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #863: March 07, 2012, 01:48:10 AM »

Come on, damn daimons, stop splitting your forces and go kick human ass! There are more realms to crush! Stop sleezing around!

Stop rooting for the apocalypse. It's depressing.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #864: March 07, 2012, 03:02:22 AM »

That's the spirit, glorious leader!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #865: March 07, 2012, 03:32:33 AM »
Stop rooting for the apocalypse. It's depressing.

Scorched earth policy!

Can't let the northern devils rule the holy land! All must burn! Burn burn burn!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #866: March 07, 2012, 04:12:56 AM »
Chenier just knows that if the daimons are driven back and the North can get into the South once more, IVF is a goner.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #867: March 07, 2012, 05:08:35 AM »

Yes.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #868: March 07, 2012, 07:14:30 AM »
finally... we lost the battle.. XD
firefox

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #869: March 07, 2012, 07:31:58 AM »

Why don't you tell that IC to Overlord? Maybe he can gather his forces and pay you a visit. ;)
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).