Poll

What do the colonies need in order to boost our enjoyment?

Lets play with rocks!  and by rocks I mean...Find out what REALLY lives near the Lendan Stones.
9 (27.3%)
The Lich King eats mud pies and smells of Elderberrys!!! (He should come out to stop us taunting in his general direction
9 (27.3%)
Huge crator...RIGHT between Lukon and Portion... Stupid barbarians...why do they have to win all the time.
3 (9.1%)
GM intervention... BT cant be the only ones to have all the fun!
5 (15.2%)
Colonies?  Isent that a type of take over?
7 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: December 30, 2011, 08:44:25 PM

Author Topic: Save the Colonies!!!  (Read 27676 times)

Pirates

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Save the Colonies!!!
« Reply #45: January 19, 2012, 03:45:25 AM »
Save the Colonies?  Well, I guess you took matters into your own hands and sorted that one out on your own, eh Val?
'Cuz I gotta feeling things are gonna perk up around there shortly.  In eight years, not one team landed one troop
on a single Lukonian wall. But I'm pretty certain if they had a pirate or two with them, all that would change overnight. har

I love the idea of magic. How funny would it be if 500 incoming barbarians were suddenly in their underwear?
"There is an odd flash of green light. Your weapons and armor turn to dust. Your troops, not being idiots, turn tail and run away." har

More battles, less results.  Troops should be cheap and plentiful, but it should take scads to even dent a fortress.
City sieges should last for weeks. There should be supply caravans bringing in food and gold. The defenders should
get free troops during sieges. No replacement cost. No solider is going to say, "Well, if you can't pay me, I would rather
the guys that are going to kill us all, kill us all." When the enemy is at the gate, you fight to stay alive, not to make a buck.
Then there could be real battles. The defenders could defend aggressively. Even drive their way through the lines and
march off the counter attack the attacker's city. It should be freaking damn near impossible to take out a fortress five.

We need scope, scale, flexibility, uncertainty, fickle fate. Cut and dried is boring and how the game died.

Rogue regions should heal quickly and return to the nearest fold. No way they would prefer to slip back into subsistence
existence after they had enjoyed the markets, goods and services and culture of their urban neighbors. It is just dumb
that we can kill powerful kingdoms by driving a few regions rogue. Either maintain significant military forces there, or they
pretty much immediately repair their roads and reestablish their trade routes back to their nearest markets. The attackers
made a bit of loot, but the actual damage done is not great or long lasting. If anything, it should cement their good will
towards their local Lords, who do not pillage them and burn their crops. This idiocy of needing to spend weeks to get them
back up and running, when it took a hot three or four days to drive it rogue, is well, it's retarded.  It models nothing and
effs up game play massively. Hard for me not to come right out and call Tom stupid here. Oops.

"You did not answer the verification questions correctly. "
But obviously, I AM a spambot. har
Geez, like a spam bot is going to answer at all. I can't believe there is a right or wrong to that.
Or is the presumption that a spambot smart enough to know it needed to say something there, would
also programmed ethically to provide the correct answer? "Aw, ya caught me, I am a spambot, darn it."