Author Topic: BM culture  (Read 45306 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: BM culture
« Reply #15: December 05, 2011, 05:29:38 PM »
Something what tires me is that some players, usually old ones with a long time in the realm, think your character cannot oppose them. Several arguments are used: hierarchy (if so, then we'd never have rebellions), service to the realm (you serve interests which are not necessarily shared by everyone, and there is no right and wrong in that), and realm culture - as in 'we have been planning this all along' (can't the newer players have different ideas, as long as it makes sense IC?).

What tires me is that some players, usually the new ones with little time in realm, think their character cannot oppose us. Several arguments are used: hierarchy (if so, then we'd never have rebellions), service to the realm (you serve interests which are not necessarily shared by everyone, and there is no right and wrong in that), and realm culture - as in 'we have been planning this all along' (can't the newer players have different ideas, as long as it makes sense IC?).

;)

But seriously, I tend to do everything myself because I have a hard time getting others involved, lately. 'twas much easier in the times of early RoF and of the Blood Cult. Hell, even in Enweil, prior to the fourth invasion. Can't just seem to be able to find people willing to really be creative and invest themselves anymore. I won't hide that I also do less too, though, but my previous levels of activity were inhuman. I played as much BM as the nerdiest of nerds can play WoW.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron