Author Topic: Nerf the Academy  (Read 30125 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Nerf the Academy
« Topic Start: December 06, 2011, 04:26:23 AM »
Depends on your point of view. In mine the idea is for people to play as medieval nobles. Largely nobles were so entranced with their concept of honour (largely because it actually did translate into power) that they were pressured to accept duels regardless of their respective ability. This is lacking in the game right now, and making so its simply easier to ignore this an ensure you have the higher ability doesn't fix anything in my mind. Maybe we will see more duels, but will the atmosphere benefit in any real way? I don't see how it would.

While people should (and many do, including myself) play that way, there is still an underlying root to the problem and just telling people to behave differently without backing it up with game mechanics changes will do nothing.
Nonetheless, my suggestion was not specifically to encourage duels (though that was one of the reasons), it was more to encourage more useful and fun behavior for everyone.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre