Author Topic: Ron Paul  (Read 19318 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Paul
« Topic Start: December 07, 2011, 11:07:09 AM »
Speaking as someone who worked for Dr. Paul (as he is known by his admirers) in 2008, I can very much understand why he is, with good reason, not the president. Even though I have enormous respect for his character and integrity, and count him one of my primary political inspirations, and agree with many of his policy positions, I would still feel dubious about having him as president due to a fear about his ability to preserve continuity with previous administrations.

Basically, the president is not a legislator, ultimately. People might want him to be, but he isn't. I increasingly favor moderate technocrats with an emphasis on foreign policy for president. Keep Paul in the House. Maybe make him Speaker. Heck, even a cabinet post could be interesting. But I have a hard time seeing Paul as an effective president or as a reliable voice in foreign policy.

My heart just broke a little.

No separation of church and state? Seriously?

Not sure I know of him ever saying that. Other than saying that "Separation of Church and State" is no where in the Constitution... 'cause it isn't.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)