Author Topic: Large Update Bugs and Breaks  (Read 74774 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Large Update Bugs and Breaks
« Reply #60: December 15, 2011, 06:57:17 PM »
On an unrelated note, I just realized that since the update I am no longer able to build new blocks for the fortification I'm trying to build. It takes my gold and tells me I built one, but after building two in the last day, the screen still tells me that only three blocks are constructed, which is the same number I had a day ago.

This is in Athol Margos on BT:

The city currently has a fortification type of Keep (3).
You need 12 "blocks" of improvement in order to raise it to the next level. 3 blocks have already been constructed.

Each block will cost 116 gold to construct. You can build up to two blocks per day (one per turn).

megs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: December 15, 2011, 08:37:54 PM »
One more minor issue, again I don't know if it related to the new code or not.

In Dwilight, I'm on my way to a tournament.
When I try to see information for the realm (http://www.battlemaster.org/testing/RealmDetails.php?ID=29) and the region (http://www.battlemaster.org/testing/RegionDetails.php?ID=217) I get this message:

You are currently travelling towards a tournament. You will have to wait with your regular activities until the tournament is over. Once you have reached the tournament grounds, however, you can chat with the other participants, and even engage in some local activities.
 You can send messages ahead, but you can only read messages posted to the tournament grounds once you have arrived.

If you really must, you can return home; however, you will lose your entry fee, and a point of honour.

But when I try to see the Duchy (http://www.battlemaster.org/testing/DuchyDetails.php?ID=217), I can see it normally.

I don't know what is correct, since this is my first tournament, but I am certain it should be the same for all three cases.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #62: December 15, 2011, 09:59:13 PM »
I tried to do a training match on FEI, and this is what comes up on a plain white page:

Not Found

The requested URL /stable/TrainingMatch.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) Server at battlemaster.org Port 80

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: December 15, 2011, 10:11:11 PM »
Training matches are not yet implemented on stable islands.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #64: December 15, 2011, 11:52:19 PM »
On an unrelated note, I just realized that since the update I am no longer able to build new blocks for the fortification I'm trying to build. It takes my gold and tells me I built one, but after building two in the last day, the screen still tells me that only three blocks are constructed, which is the same number I had a day ago.

This one had me worried. It turns out it was just a display bug - the number of blocks already built was actually a totally different number. Blocks seem to have been built correctly.

Other bugs that were reported:

Maps should also now center on the relevant region, not your own location.

And the takeover numbers should be better. Tindle turned out to be an extreme case in which the formula used to calculated the men required failed. Someone please report the number required now. It should be much better.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: December 16, 2011, 12:27:55 AM »
This one had me worried. It turns out it was just a display bug - the number of blocks already built was actually a totally different number. Blocks seem to have been built correctly.

Hooray! I didn't just blow through 350 gold for nothing!

And the takeover numbers should be better. Tindle turned out to be an extreme case in which the formula used to calculated the men required failed. Someone please report the number required now. It should be much better.

I'll try to get the new numbers. Someone already reposted this to the realm so if we still have someone in Tindle still, we should find out soon.

Alasteir

• Knight
  • March!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: December 16, 2011, 01:04:18 AM »
This is a known, long-standing issue. It takes you to the region associated with your family home's region ID on the last island on which you played a character. Nothing to do with the new system.

Well, I never saw this before, thanks for the explanation =)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:16:09 AM by Alasteir »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: December 16, 2011, 06:29:12 AM »
Well, I never saw this before, thanks for the explanation =)

Mind you, it used to view the region with the same ID, just on the continent you last looked at. Since the new map, it now looks at the last region you played in, instead of using the ID, though it might display the region information of the ID region.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #68: December 16, 2011, 07:01:09 AM »
Error: can't get region data.

What I get when I try to recruit volunteers in my region as a hero. This is as a Lord of Knyazes in Kabrinskia.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: December 16, 2011, 07:11:20 AM »
Noble Joins the Realm   (6 hours, 54 minutes ago)
Ramkin Kirt has joined your realm. He used to be a noble of Imperskoe Viys'ko iz Fheuv'na.

Noble joined the Realm   (34 minutes ago)
Ramkin Kirt has taken an estate in Drinilla and thus joined your realm. He used to be a member of Fronen.

Ramkin    Fronen   29    8    ok    Kirt

He always was, and still is showing as a noble of Fronen.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: December 16, 2011, 08:02:31 AM »
hero telling tales at his own capital
http://battlemaster.org/testing/HeroTale.php

still says
You are in enemy territory. These citizens do not want to hear stories of how their sons got slaughtered.
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: December 16, 2011, 08:03:56 AM »
hero telling tales at his own capital
http://battlemaster.org/testing/HeroTale.php

still says
You are in enemy territory. These citizens do not want to hear stories of how their sons got slaughtered.

Could you tell me if the Hero suffers from the allegiance bugs at all?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: December 16, 2011, 08:28:54 AM »
yes and no.
http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=6253
is the only bug that's got anything to do with allegiance that i know of.

the bt (avengmil) bits are the ones of most relevance
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: December 16, 2011, 11:20:33 AM »
yes and no.
http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=6253
is the only bug that's got anything to do with allegiance that i know of.

the bt (avengmil) bits are the ones of most relevance

No the one I was referring to is when you have moved regions or realms, but the status page shows your old allegiance.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #74: December 16, 2011, 11:35:57 AM »
No the one I was referring to is when you have moved regions or realms, but the status page shows your old allegiance.

The status page has been updated since, so it doesn't show this problem anymore, but it still persists in other places. The signature under your messages is currently the best indicator.