Author Topic: What you really wanted to do in BM but never did  (Read 33797 times)

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Well it certainly goes down in Coria's history. Since you stole over half of that from my character alone, I think I have plenty of objections to it. ;) It was a good ploy but it did eventually get yourself killed and a blood oath from my character towards your family. (Just this one character of course, and only on Atamara)

Coria was sinking fast and needed something to spark it to life. I was really wishing I would get enough people behind me to oust the leadership, but I guess gold alone was not enough to get all those knights to wake up. I love the blood oath, I have two characters in Atamara right now but one of them is paused. Moria is straitlaced, but Merodak is the son of Borus and quite villainous. He wants nothing more than to rain destruction down on the realm(s) that caused his fathers death. His favorite time in life was RPBing coria's capital.
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Coria was sinking fast and needed something to spark it to life. I was really wishing I would get enough people behind me to oust the leadership, but I guess gold alone was not enough to get all those knights to wake up. I love the blood oath, I have two characters in Atamara right now but one of them is paused. Moria is straitlaced, but Merodak is the son of Borus and quite villainous. He wants nothing more than to rain destruction down on the realm(s) that caused his fathers death. His favorite time in life was RPBing coria's capital.

To be fair, you hadn't been in the realm long enough to secure any lasting loyalty and you didn't go about things as cautiously as you maybe should have. I'm not sure you could have pulled off a successful rebellion without a fair amount of planning beforehand, and use the gold theft only as a final step before rebellion. Not to mention, even if you replaced the leadership, you'd have to deal with my character still as Duke, ready to send you to your grave as soon as possible. The counter-rebellion would have resulted in your losing all the power you had gained and splitting Coria forever in two as any who worked with you would be shunned.

Also, gold wouldn't be enough to simply buy over the knights of our realm. Coria's best trait was always its outstanding nobility. Not sure they'd stoop to bribes.

As far as Merodak goes, my character has already realized his "gross" ancestry. It didn't take long after he arrived in Coria's capitol for me to see that he hopefully gained a reprimand from the Darkan leadership. (Did it work? Just wondering...) Anyway, as far as my character is concerned, any nobles that set foot on Atamara from your family personally owe my character a lump some of gold to replace that which was stolen. Whether they want to pay it back slowly over time, all at once, or just have my hatred rain down on you for the duration that you stay on Atamara is their choice of course. ;)

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
As far as Merodak goes, my character has already realized his "gross" ancestry. It didn't take long after he arrived in Coria's capitol for me to see that he hopefully gained a reprimand from the Darkan leadership. (Did it work? Just wondering...)

Nope  ;D apparently the Darkan leaders saw nothing wrong with Merodak's behavior because not a word of reprimand was sent. Funny actually, I think if it were any other realm on the island he would have been.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Nope  ;D apparently the Darkan leaders saw nothing wrong with Merodak's behavior because not a word of reprimand was sent. Funny actually, I think if it were any other realm on the island he would have been.

Wow...so much for what Darka's King told me then...

ugh....

Deytheur

- Make a character with a pet hamster. And play it completely straight. :D

'We must inspire fear in evil! Quiet tales of hamsters are foolish, but a man and his hamster that tear evil limb from limb? That's scary!'

I think you do so by roaming on one continent enough, like certain infiltrators, that *everyone* who's been in realms long enough know who you are and what you do, be it good or bad. ;)

Like Guy Revan who stabbed Evangeline for the 7k bounty then lost it all when he switched realms to try and avoid Sirion's high property and wealth tax. That was an interesting episode.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Here's a test. Anyone know of/remember Si Ju Jarugi? He was a noble of Drachenwald who assassinated Achilles, Dictator of Tara, earning what was, at the time, the largest bounty ever collected.

Gauihu Olik and the role he played in Abington's death is forever immortalised through realm histories and newspaper articles. The wiki is the one sure fire way you can carve out your place in BM history, heh.

As it happens, I remember Si ju Jarungi. But bounties aren't a big deal. That's just an infiltrator's blood-money, not really infamous or evil (especially since infils generally prefer NOT to be noticed). The real infamous ones are villains like Delvin, Aldo, or Handkor; or Doc, for example.

The path to fame is indeed the Wiki: or, the realm. So, for example, few people remember individual Avamarians. But Avamar itself remains part of the game's "collective memory." Or the zillion incarnations of Tuchanon (which, by the way, if/when I succeed in forming a secession, it will almost certainly be called Tuchanon, even though I never played in any of the earlier Tuchanon incarnations). Or Sirion and Doc, for example. Our Sordnaz and BoM. Or, heck, Irombrozia (though we were kind of a backwater, admittedly).

Or consider Mathurin Hossenfeffer: a well-run religion is also a path to lasting fame.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

WarMaid

• Knight
    • View Profile
*Cough* Is stealing over 10000 gold  reason enough? It definitely had a few people quite up in arms.   8)

I'm sure that Coria will remember, but I doubt that it resonates too much even on the rest of Atamara.  When my character executed yours, it barely made a blip even in Carelia.  I did earn some political capital with Coria (at least temporarily), so I appreciated your visit!
Kindon Family

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
  • <y> Become an Elder of a widely hated, successful, religion
  • <y> Lead a rebellion
  • <y> Succeed in a rebellion
  • <y> Fail a rebellion
  • <n> Win a tournament
  • <n> Become wealthy
  • <y> Become God of Netherworld
  • <y> Play an infiltrator
  • <n> Become a Duke under the new, working, oath system
  • <n> Bring a style of religion not found anywhere else in BM to the game (in progress)

I'm still not certain how to top 7. Any suggestions?
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
  • <y> Become an Elder of a widely hated, successful, religion
  • <y> Lead a rebellion
  • <y> Succeed in a rebellion
  • <y> Fail a rebellion
  • <n> Win a tournament
  • <n> Become wealthy
  • <y> Become God of Netherworld
  • <y> Play an infiltrator
  • <n> Become a Duke under the new, working, oath system
  • <n> Bring a style of religion not found anywhere else in BM to the game (in progress)

I'm still not certain how to top 7. Any suggestions?

Lead an invasion of the Netherworld and become the Warlord of the conquered Netherworld.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
Lead an invasion of the Netherworld and become the Warlord of the conquered Netherworld.

Maybe. I'm not sure that is more impressive though, as it would mean allowances had to be made to make it even possible...
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

songqu88@gmail.com

Winning both events at a full tournament, like me! ;D

I personally only count my achievements as a PC in a human realm as real accomplishments. In case anyone cares why, it's because anything I might accomplish I want to be gained on even ground as everyone else. For example, winning a tournament, anyone who plays a warrior not part of the council or hosting the tournament can go to a tournament and have a chance at winning. There is nothing preventing every player from having a chance at that same achievement.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:20:20 PM by Artemesia »

Munro

• Knight
    • View Profile
I'm sure that Coria will remember, but I doubt that it resonates too much even on the rest of Atamara.  When my character executed yours, it barely made a blip even in Carelia.  I did earn some political capital with Coria (at least temporarily), so I appreciated your visit!

You earned a lot more than you think! At the time we were still pretty resentful at finding your troops in our lands after we explicitly denied them permission :P after the execution of Borus this helped things a lot.

I was really wishing I would get enough people behind me to oust the leadership, but I guess gold alone was not enough to get all those knights to wake up.

Haha Borus was RP'd as being insane, and put none of the groundwork required into a successful rebellion. Given that you had already sent the majority of the gold back to your family when you started asking for the rebellion, I don't understand how it could have been used?

Let's just say Merlin isn't the only one with a grudge against the Igelfeld family ;)

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

Let's just say Merlin isn't the only one with a grudge against the Igelfeld family ;)

Establish  bitter rivalry between my family and others... check!  8)

To do:

Exact revenge on Coria and Corian leadership with one character while having another try to repair bonds and redeem family honor in Coria... In progress. It will take a while from both sides, but I think it will be interesting to try.

Aldwoni

• Knight
    • View Profile
I would like to build an Theocracy based on a religion I found myself.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Establish  bitter rivalry between my family and others... check!  8)

I wonder if I accomplished this in Pian or not?