Author Topic: What little things that people commonly do, do you consider non-SMA? And why?  (Read 21096 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
i think i didn't state my point very well:

as a rule, there were no standing armies during that time. (As a rule, there were no "marshals" a lord would turn his knights over to, but I guess that's a game necessity)

But BattleMaster does have standing armies. And Marshals. Indeed, the main focus of BattleMaster is on war, which was not the case in most real medieval realms.

I dislike this "iron fist, control your every movement like an automaton " type General, but I dislike it more when your realm isn't even at war and they still expect to be in charge of your every turn's actions & that you need "permission" to do anything on your own.

The fact that you just got banned for ignoring military orders, then saying that you owed nothing at all to your liege, then calling said liege—who was also the Judge—a fool, has nothing whatsoever to do with your sudden complaint about this, does it?

Doubt there is much that can be done about it, so I just leave those realms.

Actually, in my experience, nearly all realms, when at war, require that their nobles follow orders at least once in a while, or they will get banned.

BattleMaster is not a single-player game.  If everyone basically did their own thing and ignored their Marshals and Generals and lieges except when it suited them, yeah, it probably would be more like the real medieval period.

But it would be a terrible game.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan