Author Topic: Noble Houses  (Read 4642 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Houses
« Topic Start: January 06, 2012, 04:38:47 PM »
One wild idea that came out a year or two ago, but I doubt could ever truly happen, is to allow players to establish "Noble Houses", and let other players play characters in that house. So you as a player would not just be "the Kepler Family". Once you had enough fame/money/whatever you could establish your own noble house. As founder of the house you could establish certain precedents or rules (what those would be I have no idea right now) governing the house. Based on some criteria your house could have so many available members. Those available members could be played by *anyone*: The leader of the house makes the slots available, and other people can pick them up and play them. Has lots of interesting possibilities for politics and dynastic families.

How would that work in practice? I'm not talking of the gritty details of the code, but just the naming convention.

Would I sign "Joe von Genf, of the Genfereien Noble House", and then player Kepler would sign "Bill Kepler, of the Genfereien Noble House"?

Or would he sign "Bill von Genf", but be played by Kepler?

Or would he just sign "Bill Kepler", but have his noble house information shown elsewhere?
After all it's a roleplaying game.