Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 172414 times)

egamma

Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #120: January 09, 2012, 04:14:08 AM »
I'm not going to let some NPC faction effect how I play, however.  you have to go against what your character would think or do. Which kind of violates trying to play my character how I want to play him.

Then don't think of them as an NPC faction--think of them as a non-allied realm with a hair-trigger temper. How would your character respond to that?

All this "my character doesn't act a certain way" stuff is annoying, and a little childish, and I'm tired of hearing it over and over. Nobody is asking you to violate how you want to play your character. Determine how your character would react to hearing the news of a presence of this Zuma Coalition, and act accordingly, IC. Stop whining incessantly about it on the forums!

Here's a challenge: spend one week, starting when you read this post, not talking about the Zuma on the forums. Instead, have your character react to them, in character. But don't play your character in any way that violates the persona you have developed for them, and accept the consequences of that.

If your character is curious, or worried, have him act that way. If your character wants to contain them, or destroy them, by all means, play your character that way--but don't be surprised that the Zuma have a survival instinct, and will respond accordingly. Try to keep your plans secret.

If your character is the diplomatic sort, go to them as Ambassador.

If your character is greedy, try to sell them food.

If your character...you know what, you  know your characters better than I do. PLAY YOUR *1#$!!$#%q#r$ CHARACTER and stop whining about having to play them!

The Zuma are a great opportunity to develop your players character and persona.