Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 172457 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #15: January 07, 2012, 11:57:34 PM »
Because you know, I am of the opinion that Terran is a !@#$ boring place that quivers in fear of the daimons because they think they can't beat them (Well, did you ever actually try? Probably too scared even to do that, which only perpetuates part of your perceived boredom. If YOU even prefer stagnancy, then that's really your problem.)

Are you being serious? No, you're not. Because, yeah, I'd rather Terran survive than not. Duh. I'm not saying that I WANT Terran destroyed; just that I'd rather have the Zuma actually do something than just sit around and be agents of stagnation.

But no, despite all your big talk about how you don't care about how the Zuma can go ahead and destroy Terran, you won't dare to do that. You know why? Because you're too chicken for it. Your idea of something interesting might not necessarily be compatible with the position your realm is in. You want a story but you're way too cautious in your approach. That only means you'll get a conservative response. You up your risk, you probably sputter and die. But hey, least it's something. And at least then you shut up about how boring things are.

Hm, I wonder if Terran knows that, you know...there are other human realms that probably can affect them way more than the Zuma ever could.

I won't dare do what? You didn't establish what you were talking about. Won't dare attack the Zuma? No, not unless we have to. Because we would obviously lose. Again, unless somebody has discovered some special daimon-killing tactic. Items help some, but not enough to radically change the odds. We know the Zuma can hop across the Root River, meaning even positioning our troops would be a pain; we know that the Zuma like to have food, but we also know that they managed to field armies much bigger than ours during times when they weren't getting much food. We have good reason to believe they're all played by one GM, meaning coordination and activity isn't much of an issue. We also know that Underroot jabs deep into Terran's heartland, exposing most of the realm.

We also know we reap a huge dividend from having the Zuma as neighbors in terms of reduced monster-spawns.

There are already many interesting stories in Dwilight. The opinion I have been expressing is that I, and many other players, have been unable to discern the Zuma's story and, insofar as we have been able to observe it, it does not appear to be very interesting; or at least not nearly as interesting as other available ones.

"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner