Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 172530 times)

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #225: January 29, 2012, 09:59:39 PM »

The Zuma are like hyper self-conscience middle girls who decide to throw the biggest fit of "Oh, no you didn't... Imma make your life horrible, bitch" if you so much as hint that you don't like the shirt they wore on Wednesday.

So true.

I am seriously considering getting rid of my character on Dwilight because of the Zuma. If I had wanted to fight against GM's I would have gotten a character on Beluaterra.

I am seriously thinking the same thing. It's just not fun playing against the Daimons. They're unpredictable in the worst way, massively overpowered and THEY DONT ROLEPLAY (or they roleplay themselves as solitary isolated beings, except from when suddenly they're not and they wordlessly invade neighbors. "LOL I DONT SAY ANYTHING BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT MAKES ME MAD" <- sounds like my last girlfriend). Also doesn't help that their mouthpiece is IC/OOC one of the most annoying players I've come across

Look, I get it. Its there to add flavor, some people love them (although the above poll would be more valid if we could see how many people who like the Zuma are actually near them on the island).

HOWEVER, Dwilight was supposed to be a large, colonial-style SERIOUS MEDIEVAL ATMOSPHERE island.

I signed up thinking I would have a chance to play on an island that respected historical correctness to some degree and could thereby simulate warfare and politics in a medieval style world. And yet, we have a group of mystical beings who are smack dab in the middle of Dwi who are invading neighbors with Demon Armies.... I feel like Im taking crazy pills!!!! Whats SMA about this???

On Beluaterra it makes sense. Its what people signed up for. Theres intrigue and a GM driven story and they players know what they're getting themselves into.

All Im saying is, since its too late to remove the Zuma, let people know what they're getting into. Add a footnote to the Dwilight Intro:

Attention: Dwilight is the home to an extremely powerful Daimon faction who imposes upon the sovereignty of it's neighbors, demands complete obedience and is vague and cumbersome in terms of diplomacy.

Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.