Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 172451 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #240: January 30, 2012, 12:56:31 AM »
From the wiki on SMA:

"Non-European Realm/Religion Concepts
While these are acceptable on other islands, we are very, very sceptical about them on any island where we are looking for a serious medieval atmosphere. Some will be ok, a little bit of orient can spice things up, but the vast majority would only dilute and disturb the atmosphere. That goes especially for any asian or american concepts. Basically anything that the middle ages did not have much contact with. Again, there are other islands in BattleMaster where these ideas can be explored."

What this would imply to a new character who is seeking an SMA oriented island is that since orientalism and americanisms are discouraged, probably interplanetary demigods wont be present. In fact, a new player would probably assume such a thing fell under the nothing silly and unrealistic aspect of the SMA guidelines.

However, I'm not saying that we should get rid of Daemons because they are not SMA, all I'm saying is include a notice on the Dwilight intro that says "Strong presence of Daimons (powerful GM faction) on Dwilight".

I know that if I had seen that, I probably wouldn't have gone to Dwilight as I prefer the Player vs. player playstyle.

Show me where is says Dwilight is suddenly not a low-fantasy island? When you read the entire page, including the Do's and Dont's it should be clear that SMA is mostly about how you interact with other players, not an attempt to introduce historical accuracy to the setting. If you are going to take a single section of text, and not apply to it the context of the surrounding text, well you have a promising career as a Evangelical Christian, or a Political Commentator on FOX.

If people would stop poking the Zuma, they could go back to being that mysterious quiet faction that they were for YEARS. You know back when people used to whine that there was no point to them, that they never did anything and were boring.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.