Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 172542 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #255: January 30, 2012, 02:33:53 AM »
Ok, here's what I think is going on here.

Players around the Zuma want to play empire builder. It appears though, that such is not a possibility in their location. Much like becoming a major food producer is impossible in Balance's Retreat duchy. It's an unfortunate reality of location, and just because it's not as clearly obvious as stats would suggest, I think it's not that hard to figure out that you can't play empire builder near the Zuma as you might be able to in the east, in say, where Morek is.

If you think that was obvious, then you shouldn't be complaining much about the reality of your situation which is so obvious.

Now, another thing might be their frustration at not understanding how the daimons work. They think they are unstoppable or something. Well, actually, the point might not actually be to defeat the daimons. Maybe, just maybe, they are intentionally incapable of being defeated permanently. It seems as though players are hesitant to believe this might be a possibility because that would interfere with their plans. Possibly their empire builder plans.

Then I must ask: Why choose to continue to play in places that are affected by the Zuma? IC loyalty? Very well, then that remains your choice. To complain about it would be immature. If you had no idea what you were getting into, and by the time you wised up it was too late, then how unfortunate. You still can back out. What do you lose? Your positions in a game that are immaterial?

I think that something that is a point of contention as well is the unpredictability and the perceived arbitrariness of that. It's not. Certain daimons will respond a certain way.

Actually, I'll even help you out a little since I have more or less patiently watched people fail for at least three years now, starting with what I witnessed in 2008 while sitting as a rogue in a Netherworld region.

Your tone really, really matters. The more power a human gains apparently the more arrogant he gets. This is natural, and really, nothing wrong with it, except, when prudence is necessary. I'd say dealing with daimons definitely requires control. What makes you believe that talking so full of yourself would go well with daimons? ICly it might go against your character's strict values. Ok, but then accept the consequences. For example, Indirik would probably play Brance as arrogant to the end, even if it meant his downfall.