Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 172598 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #255: January 30, 2012, 04:29:48 AM »
That message was meant for Garett, not the Daimons.

Part of the problem is Garett is an awful ambassador who often misinterprets the messages he sends to the Zuma.

Yes I agree that Garret is a terrible ambassador, but you know what, he can be. His role is not a GM role, his character can do whatever it wants. Hopefully there is a RP basis for his actions, which from what little I can see is true. The real question is how long Garret can play his balancing act before his head is demanded by the Zuma.

Just like any other message we send in game, once it is out there you can't control who gets it.

The game states that many of the Zumalands inhabitants are Triunists. If the Daemons had a problem with this, they sure had pretty quiet way of showing it up until now. If I'm not mistaken, a large portion of Zuma inhabitants worship different religions, so what's wrong with having Vellos RP that Triunist Zuma approach Garett and inform him that Terran no longer wishes to speak to Garett. What part of that is a legitimate reason for the Zuma to go on warpath.

I'm not sure the Zuma GM has the ability to really see what his peasants follow. I would have to look again, but there are some weird limitations with regards to the info he can get about different things. Likely this would be the first he hears about other religions within his borders. Or it might have been that the GM felt that within the RP context of his Zuma they wouldn't worry about even thinking it was possible, until someone brings it up and forces them to address it.

The thing you don't understand De-Legro, is that I'm not trying to convince you the Zuma are a bad idea. I'm telling you that *I* don't like it. Other people are also saying *they* dont like it. This isn't about you. This is about people expressing their feelings and whether or not you think those feelings are legitimate is irrelavant.

You can choose to not adress this apparently widespread discontent, but if the situation doesn't improve, I feel like the best thing for me to do would be to call it a day, give my character a nice end and thank BM for all the good memories.

The thing YOU don't understand is that I'm offering my point of view. I have no control or influence over the Zuma GM, I don't know what the purpose of the Zuma is or the guidelines that Tom issued. I'm giving you my opinion as a player who has lived close to the Zuma, and who interacts with them still to this day.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.