Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 172457 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #285: January 30, 2012, 01:44:14 PM »
This:

Uh, dude...not every single peasant that wanders into Zuma lands is a Zuma...

To expand on this a little, from what I can tell, the Zuma are inextricably bound to the daimons. If they break the "magical" bond they die, or something. That being said, there are peasants who move through Zuma lands (duh, new migration code?) but that doesn't mean they are Zuma.

An example in real life is for you to go to a foreign country. Just because you're there does not make you one of them. Then let's say you marry a native and have a kid. That kid would be mixed, and not necessarily have the same other values. Some cultures in this world probably have something like that (And since I'm no anthropologist or related human studies field, I shall refrain from going further here)

Then what if you preach to the Zuma? From what I can tell, they would categorically refuse your words. Stop thinking that the Zuma are just normal people you can talk to like normal. They have been bound to the daimons, serving them for like, hundreds of generations already. And most of all, you will notice that some of those daimon units are called "Zuma". Wonder for a moment at the significance of that.

So don't impose your thoughts on what is true. You can go ahead and try to RP whatever you want in the game. And Vellos has, regarding those "Zuma". But OOC, understand that it's not necessarily true at all, that there's the whole legacy to respect (or disrespect). Human realms sometimes cite ancient kingdoms as their basis. The Zuma are intended to be an established "ancient civilization". You can try to make it suit your tastes, but as well, you should accept that this is a two-way street. It sounds a lot like you're forgetting that a little here.

Anything you do, someone will respond to. And the response will not always be to your liking, just like how your actions might not be to their liking.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:55:31 PM by Artemesia »