Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 172502 times)

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #30: January 08, 2012, 04:16:07 AM »
Typically the point at which a GM is saying 'oh, you don't know how hard it is to be a GM' is the point where they should stop being a GM.

One thing that GM-driven events are (or at least can be) good for is battling stagnation, and that is a problem in lots of BM realms - players get Ducal seats and then just park there, and in low-population realms there isn't enough population to have popular support for opposition.

The trouble is that the thing that makes BM fun is the organic interaction of lots of nobles with different and sometimes overlapping agendas. One or even several GMs can't really replicate this very easily. I've left BM a couple times and the thing that's keeping me here now is that I decided that I no longer care what happens to my characters - they're going to get into trouble and stir things up because really, why else am I playing? I've played rulers and Dukes and Judges and had my fun there, and now that I've made my mission to be a gadfly, I'm having a lot more fun.

Sorry that's a little OT. I do think that it is a fair question to ask 'how would you have done Dwilight,' because BM was a different place when Dwilight was made. If I were making it today, I'd make it smaller, lift the 1 character restriction, and enforce SMA as was originally intended. A lot of the code development has been great.