Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 172288 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #375: January 31, 2012, 06:56:26 AM »
That essentially is my position. The reasoning is quite simple:

The Zuma were there first and known by everyone that they were there since way before Terran was founded.

I'm not saying: "Move elsewhere if you don't want to deal with the Zuma"

I am saying: "If you don't want to deal with the Zuma, don't move right next to them."

If player actions didn't take into account the chance that this unknown NPC realm sitting right next to my realm may at some point in the future not think too nicely about my expansion then that is not the GM's fault.

Dwilight is huge, right next to the Zuma isn't the only place to play your own realm on Dwilight. Dwilight also isn't the only island of Battlemaster, so there are other options. If you want to found a realm why not colonize Darfix? Its an open city right? Oh wait, there is a large power bloc right next door which may not like it? Does it really make a difference that this power bloc is SA instead of the Zuma? The same player choices are involved.

You have a point, though if you look at the complaints in this thread I think a lot of people are frustrated because what the Zuma have been doing recently is so different than the way they've behaved for years. I know that there are reasons. I know it's not really fair to accuse the GM of inconsistency. That doesn't change the fact that this change of behavior is both sudden and unprecedented in its intensity, and I think it's taken many players by surprise.

The Zuma were always powerful, but when they were relatively restrained about using that power it created the illusion that the realms nearby would still be able to chart their own courses. That illusion has just been shattered, and clearly a lot of players are disappointed by the reality that they can suddenly perceive.