Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 172267 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #375: January 31, 2012, 12:43:16 PM »
1. Yes, Terran was naturally and justifiably angry that the Zuma attacked them due to a forged letter. But now, think: Does it actually matter whether you are ICly justified? OOCly, I'm sure we all understand your player frustrations. But we still have to deal with the game. Using OOC information to make people happier is just as wrong as using it to make people angrier or exploiting. That said, the IC stuff given that I've seen from Terran isn't doing them any favors. In fact, the new Terran guy who walked into Overroot a few days ago did an even better job than the ruler handling that situation, giving a prompt apology and explanation.

2. History of the Zuma and Terran. I am not a GM, not part of the dev team, but I still can't talk about any deeper things about the Zuma except that which is readily observable (Which does sometimes contribute to the reason why I say things that seem obvious...Because, well, I'm really only supposed to talk about the obvious) Anyway, there has been a long history, and Terran keeps claiming that they earned Vates' respect. Has anyone wondered about that though? Like, who knows...Maybe someone else might want to elaborate on this point. It's important too, because it really does mean something. Terran might not want to admit it, and no doubt so many people have forgotten (It's been like 3 years now), but there is no doubt in my mind that what is happening in Terran isn't something so sudden. I also believe that if you look back and seriously checked the messages on all of Dwilight, you'd see the trend. But that's impossible, so I suppose it's possible to figure it out by retracing the stuff the daimons and Garret have said regarding the state of Terran, mainly to sometime in the summer of last year. Even more recently, Garret even mentioned something that should have been a hint to Terran. The response was a correction to how Terran was formed by earning Vates' respect or something.

3. Some people are quite right. There is probably something going on between the Zuma and Terran which made it so much quicker for the Zuma to attack them. Remember Barca and teh daimons recently? I don't know how unrelated is the fact that shortly after their formation they appointed Bowie as their duke. Those daimons have long memories you know, even if they choose not to always act on them. So I'm just saying, usually you're not screwed for a one-time mistake. Usually, it wouldn't be the first time you messed with the daimons if they actually go in your regions and mess with your lands.

4. For anyone who doesn't believe #3, well, you will notice that of all the realms that have been attacked, each has had a history with the daimons in some way. D'Hara: Chenier definitely had something going with Vates, and remember, not everything is as it seems. Also, some knight called Asriel Octavius started crowing about how daimons were cowards in response to a sudden attack (Which came because they were showing their strength or something, possibly much in the same line as they had "tested" Terran. Only D'Hara this time.) But even then the daimons just messed with a D'haran city and called it even more or less. Terran: Too much, not enough time to list them all and explain what might be the significance and contribution to possibly a predisposition to daimonic attack.

Madina: Remember that Balewind character way back when? Madina might.
Ordenstaat: Well that was just unfortunate on their part that they got Flame as the one selected to clean their region of monsters and undead. Not an actual attack. Just a being of fire walking through a city.
Barca: First time, you'd think they would be smarter about choosing the duke of their capital. You'd think they would know that Bowie Ironsides was blacklisted by the Zuma, since it was pretty publicly stated shortly after Bowie made his whole insulting daimons talk. He even spent a few weeks in Terran before going to Barca I believe, in which he further insulted the daimons. (And let's add that part to Terran's list too) Second time, once again Barca chose not to be safe and ask about Eregon. They're not even the first to try settling along the border of the Zuma. Terran did, and they're still around. Asylon did, and they, in fact, were NEVER attacked by the daimons. Even with the Kosht switch, and the initially poor handling by the king, the daimons still did not attack Asylon.

5. Learn from Asylon. Their king Glaumring said a bunch of stuff the daimons probably disapproved of, and yet they still have never been attacked by the daimons. They got help from the daimons to clear their lands of monsters and undead in the past, and most of their leaders can have relatively cordial relations with the Zuma. Kosht is an aberration, which only became a problem due to the way the king handled it. From what I have seen, it looks like Asylon has managed to recover and not drop the metaphoric ball. No more details from me about this. You can ask someone from Asylon about it. Glaumring, for example. Because, for all the weird stuff that has happened to Asylon, unlike Terran and Barca, the other two bordering realms, they have never faced the overt hostility of the daimons. Maybe got scolded a little, but that's all.