Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 172445 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #450: February 02, 2012, 11:45:14 AM »
I believe we tried something similar to the multiple GMs idea in the 4th Inv. That resulted in seemingly disorganization. Well, don't let me judge it. You tell me, what did you think of that plan? In the Netherworld there were no less than 3 different GMs at any one time (I think...Sherilynn, the Nyghts, the Valitorres, at one point the of the Zumas) And how did that go?

If I remember correctly, there was some deal of confusion, which as it is somewhat known now, might have been the intent there. But mostly that came from OOC confusion, which is undesirable. With the Zuma on Dwilight it's probably not intended that we have multiple voices to listen to, to figure out which one we want.

But to reiterate: Remember 4th Inv and the player responses then to the multiple GMs? And how there was no "consistency"? Here, we thusfar only had 2 GMs among the Zuma: The Daimonbreeds and the of the Zumas. Once the of the Zumas left there has seemingly already been a plot vacuum perceived by some players who dealt with Vates. Can you imagine what would happen if in addition to that we had, say, the Nyghts?

I would predict then that there would be different complaints, mainly that there are too many GMs, thus confusing the plot, or making it too messy for players to follow (Which has been a perennial Invasion complaint).

The rotating GMs idea would only exacerbate the problem of consistency. Think about it: How much do you really think the GMs collaborate? And even if they did, it's hard to communicate some things enough face to face, many times harder when it's through text over the Internet. There will be miscommunications and misunderstandings, and they will snowball into bigger problems. And players will catch on to that and start attacking those weaknesses which are only natural results of the inherent weaknesses in human communication.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:49:59 AM by Artemesia »