Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 172329 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #450: February 02, 2012, 09:23:46 PM »
Ok, here's a thought. I've tried to be strictly objective for this bit.

BM is a large game. There have been many players who have quit en masse for several reasons. Among them were dissatisfaction with certain aspects of the game, or losing the war. I cannot cite every single reason, but if you wish to poll everyone (Try loren actually, since he's been around a long time) then you'll likely discover that we have lost large groups of players for a diverse number of reasons. We did not exactly alter things just to accomodate those players.

Now, let's look at the current situation in regard to this "disaster".

First, Dwilight accounts for 1/6 of BM's total continents. That means that even if Dwilight is totally rotten, BM itself is still 5/6 not rotten (unless you have complaints there in which case it's no longer just about the Zuma).

Second, the Zuma actually account for very little of Dwilight's actual mass, and their influence area is actually very small. If you do not believe me, please recall what Bowie Ironsides did. There were declarations for his execution, and that any realm that harbored him would face consequences. Well, Barca made him their Duke of Rettleville shortly after they formed. For that, the Zuma marched on them. But, before that, Summerdale harbored him. The King of Summerdale even told the Zuma essentially to piss off. You will notice that Summerdale never saw the slightest hint of daimon. And now? Bowie lives nicely as Lord of Ashrak in the Morek Empire. And the Morek Empire has not seen the slightest hint of daimon.

What this means is that the GM controlled realm is actually a very small blip in the entirety of BM as a game. I do not think that such a small blip would justifiably "ruin the game" for many people, because there is still so much more to BM than just Dwilight and for that matter, just West Dwilight. If those people cannot open their eyes that there is a bigger BM world out there, then it is unfortunate. However, I do not believe that we would be justified in making such changes to something that accounts for so little of the game just to satisfy a small minority of players. What our efforts should focus on, rather, is making the game actually stable again, and improving the real pulls of BM like battling.

And if you would just step back a moment, you too will realize that Dwilight as a whole even accounts for very little of the BM experience. Even much less important is the west where the Zuma actually might plausibly influence.

So I will remain diplomatic through all this and say that, based on the objective contribution of Dwilight to the game it belongs to, and the further weight of the Zuma in Dwilight, it does not appear justified to me that we should focus any resources towards modifying the current system in order to potentially retain a very small amount of characters/players who might very well quit for other reasons that have to do with dissatisfaction with other aspects of the game.

Remember: BM is what we're playing. Dwilight is just a tiny part of it. The take-home lesson might be to keep your options open, and not to get too attached to a GAME character.