Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 172445 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #465: February 03, 2012, 05:20:27 AM »
You are joking right? Until recently the Zuma didn't HAVE a CS advantage, at least not compared to realms like Astrum. These large armies are a recent thing.

Get OVER the idea that the Zuma are the antagonist of the island. They might be that is true, but their is nothing to suggest that actually is there role. In fact if we look at how things have panned out recently it would appear that they are more a resource for canny player antagonist to use, with the associated risks if you don't approach things correctly.

Any realm that can raise daimon and monster units will *always* have a combat advantage no matter what the CS numbers have to say about it. The point he was making was, put the hammer out of sight for a bit and try out some of the other tools in your kit to drive your story or engage the players or whatever the point of the Zuma is. They're more than just an unstoppable army, but it's awfully hard to think of them as anything but that when they're melting your face (or threatening to) every other week.