Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 172605 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #540: February 06, 2012, 05:31:09 PM »
I found Prudent quite entertaining. :/

Prudent's player went out of their way to deliberately subvert or undermine all the roleplay the rest of the Fourth Invasion GMs were writing, and repeatedly refused to join in the efforts to synchronize RP and present a common, consistent, and understandable storyline to the players.

But, yes, if they're looking for GMs, I would expect want ads. It's sensitive, sure; and you don't want folks to know who applied. So post a thread asking for interested people to respond via PM. Maybe no good applicants will come along. But maybe they will.

Seriously? You think that the position of GM should be treated just like some random job?

How is Tom supposed to judge trustworthiness of random people who apply? "Why, yes, I'll keep all your secrets and make sure to stick closely to all the established RP!" (Two weeks later) "Hey, everybody, here's all the dirt on the Zuma, straight from the source! I know I'll never get a GM position again, BUT IT WAS WORTH IT, BABY! STICK IT TO THE MAN!"

There are enough people whose integrity Tom already trusts, and whose capabilities he knows, to be able to at least look for a new GM from among them before he has to open the gates wide. If he doesn't find one, then I'm sure he'll look at other options—but if he does, why should he even advertise publicly that he's even looking?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan