Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 172634 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #555: February 07, 2012, 03:28:55 PM »
...this is a remarkably bad idea. Imagine if you were suddenly forced to play someone else's characters instead of your own. That's what you just proposed.

Well, it's not the same; GM characters don't "belong" to the GM. But, your point is fair.

I personally, don't see a problem with "terms." Again, as long as the terms are short enough for a medium- to long-term player to be able to see a few shifts happen, and as long as there is overlap in terms, and a private GM subforum, I think it would work fine. The argument that it would create inconsistency or a massive storm of complaints is strange, given that, from many players' perspective, there is already inconsistency and, now, over 30 pages of complaint.

Furthermore, again, a limited-term for a GM reduces the commitment required from them, and would allow them to also have a character on Dwilight occasionally (I am assuming, of course, the Zuma GM doesn't have a character on Dwilight. If he/she does... yeah, IMHO, that would be very not okay).
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner