Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 172321 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #90: January 08, 2012, 08:21:43 PM »
I see the Zuma as part of the game. They aren't interfering in gameplay, for me, they are simply part of the gameplay. You don't have full control over gameplay. Sometimes your neighbour does things that messes up your plans, or your long-term Ally betrays you for no apparent reasons or because there was a misunderstanding. But that's not an interference in gameplay, in my opinion, it's part of it.

I think you think that mostly because you are in Iashalur. Even if FangFang does attack you, he's just 9k CS far from home. You'll be okay. When he goes home, you can get back to expanding or doing whatever activities you had before. Maybe Iashalur was boring before the Zuma and needed spicing up; I dunno. Terran had quite a few conflicts brewing that we have now put on hold because we can't send an army to, say, Candials or Tower Fatmilak to involve ourselves in foreign politics. Not because we couldn't manage such an operation independently, we could, but because somebody might forge a message and send it to Haktoo while our army is away. The Zuma can be in our capital within 24 hours, maybe less with luck in the right seasons, if they want.

"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner