Author Topic: Calm before the storm on FEI  (Read 72271 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Calm before the storm on FEI
« Reply #60: March 25, 2012, 06:59:07 AM »
It's "lopsided" because the idiot who's being accused of treason is a guy with little political clout, head of a tiny little religion, who sent some vaguely threatening letters to multiple Lords, then auto-da-fe'd the Judge.

I'm really very surprised that Oradrikkon is supporting him. I thought that all the Velloses had at least some political sense. If he's not very, very careful, his (or, perhaps, his player's; I don't know Oradrikkon well enough outside this incident to be sure) love for chaos is going to be his downfall.

Oh, I fully get that. And Oradrikkon has no love for Duke Galen, who he basically views as some kind of country bumpkin with a backwards and fanatical faith. But Oradrikkon's reasons for getting involved IC are pretty clear for anybody who knows the recent history between him and Sigrun. Oradrikkon is a very petty person.

Ultimately, I don't think this incident will reduce Oradrikkon's political power. There are ways Oradrikkon could be knocked out of power quite easily, but this dispute won't accomplish that at all. If anything, it has the potential to make him more powerful, depending on who ends up angry at who by the end of it.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner