Author Topic: New Trade System Feedback  (Read 64181 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: New Trade System Feedback
« Reply #180: February 14, 2012, 09:34:09 AM »
Admitedly, I only got to test things as a lord, not as a trader. [...] (theoretical example). [...] I can't begin to immagine how dreadfully long

That's a theme with you in this discussion. You speak a lot about things you have never seen. Why should the dev team listen to you?

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #181: February 15, 2012, 07:19:37 PM »
Is the Food Supply graph incorrectly reporting coverage now, or is every realm now a net producer of foodstuffs?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #182: February 15, 2012, 09:56:48 PM »
Is the Food Supply graph incorrectly reporting coverage now, or is every realm now a net producer of foodstuffs?

I must honestly say that I haven't checked, because I am working on a new and much better graph.

egamma

« Reply #183: February 16, 2012, 01:17:01 AM »

Except D'Hara!

Also, it will take a few days for Tom's food decrease to appear on the graph.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #184: February 17, 2012, 05:19:53 AM »
That's a theme with you in this discussion. You speak a lot about things you have never seen. Why should the dev team listen to you?

Well don't, if the trading game is now solely reserved to traders. If that's your goal that we must rely on the traders for absolutely everything that deals with food, then keep it that way, and maybe they'll be able to do the things I feel everyone should be able to do. Or maybe they won't: I can't say, priests can't be traders.

You didn't like my example? Yet is was an extremely simple and probable one. Not an "if 1, and if 2, and if 3, and if 4, then X". See:

If you count the ten I just posted in Libidizedd, I can probably see at least 25. And almost all of those are Buys.

And that is, again, from an island location. When people are slowly starting to use it, but a lot still haven't.

I'm sorry, but I just feel the design is deficient. Without auto-buy and with offers not being able to be partially taken up, this can have no other possible consequence than offer spam. So maybe traders can partially match offers? So what? I'm TRYING to look at the class distribution chart, and can't say which of the tiny unidentified slices the traders are. Are only lord/traders allowed to comment and discuss the new system?

As a lord and duke, under the new system, I feel completely powerless over my duchy's food situation. The interface is also extremely awkward, with the offer spam, and unpleasant, with the notice spam.

I get that it's better code. I get that it helps to streamline a few operations. And I get that it's not meant as an upgrade of the old system, but as a replacement.

But I don't like it. The lowered range, the decreased flexibility, the lack of automatic purchases and sales, the forced expiry dates, the forced prices (even if they are in my realm's favor), the increased dependance on traders...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #185: February 17, 2012, 05:57:30 AM »
http://battlemaster.org/Statistics.Trade.php  Cool!

Well don't, if the trading game is now solely reserved to traders. If that's your goal that we must rely on the traders for absolutely everything that deals with food, then keep it that way, and maybe they'll be able to do the things I feel everyone should be able to do. Or maybe they won't: I can't say, priests can't be traders.

Stop lying.

Lords can place buy offers, like before. They can place sell offers, like before. They can by and sell food, like before.

Is the range shorter? No. You can travel to anywhere on the continent with a marketplace and you can buy and sell food with your region. In the old system, you could only buy/sell food from your home region--with the new system, you're not stuck in Paisly anymore. Travel the world and buy food! Your range has actually increased to wherever you care to travel--no longer do you have to depend on traders to do that for you.

As for offer spam, why do you care? Click the column headings and you can quickly find the cheapest offer, the offer that requires the least amount of gold, or the offer that offers the most food. Then buy the offer that floats to the top, and repeat as desired.

You don't need to worry about your duchy's food supply. That's what the banker--that's me--is for. Every region in D'Hara has at least a 30 day supply of food. I will make a lot of noise once any region hits the 14 day mark, I promise.

I agree that the notice spam is annoying, and should be turned into a daily summary.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #186: February 17, 2012, 12:17:01 PM »
Well don't, if the trading game is now solely reserved to traders.

Shut up. I've had it with you in this discussion. All I've been asking is that you don't talk about stuff that you have no knowledge about. And instead of getting that knowledge and then coming back, you continue trolling this thread.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #187: February 22, 2012, 02:04:02 AM »
Where are the automatic buy offers?

It's trolling to complain that I must not only continuously handle the food I actively go import, but also the food that others want to sell to me now? That the new system requires more time to be spent on it by the player, and requires more effort from the character?

It's trolling to state how instead of seeing a few offers available from a long dropdown of regions, I now see a large amount of offers from very few regions?

Egamma, I'm not going to "travel the world" when I'm a duke and there are always hostile realms surrounding us. I was never stuck in Paisly, I could always easily trade wherever I was at in the realm. Now few regions have marketplaces, and they don't reach any markets anyways. I'm relying on travelling nobles (traders) to bring me food, because I can't reach any of the exporters I used to be able to reach anymore without travelling for weeks to get out of D'Hara first.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188: February 22, 2012, 02:56:07 AM »
Well, you were always bragging about how D'Hara had more traders than anyone. Appoint one as your steward, and send him off to get you some food. Or have someone else relay the food.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #189: February 22, 2012, 03:00:55 AM »
So basically people complained there was little point to the Trader subclass, so when the system is changed to increase their usefulness and reduce the ability to handle food without them, people complain as well. Yes, the system doesn't allow a Lord to just handle food all on their own, I think that was kind of the point. If a realm can't organise itself to supply the food it needs, then like a realm that can't organise their army against invaders, it kind of deserves to die.

If D'Haran markets can't reach the regions they used to, then you have 3 options

1) Use those traders we hear so much about
2) Get your trading partners to consolidate food somewhere you can reach
3) Starve
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #190: February 22, 2012, 10:16:45 AM »
automatic buy offers will never return - as the gold comes from the character, they simply can't work.

I am considering automatic sell offers - tell your region that whenever it has more than X food available, it should put Y of that on the market for a price of Z. That is fairly easy to add and makes sense. It also means that those who need the food need to make an effort, not those who have plenty, which also makes sense in my book.

egamma

« Reply #191: February 22, 2012, 06:50:25 PM »
automatic buy offers will never return - as the gold comes from the character, they simply can't work.

I am considering automatic sell offers - tell your region that whenever it has more than X food available, it should put Y of that on the market for a price of Z. That is fairly easy to add and makes sense. It also means that those who need the food need to make an effort, not those who have plenty, which also makes sense in my book.

I like that as well--I've been traveling (through Golden farrow, then clockwise around Dwilight), and I've been wondering if I should stop and ask every single region lord if they have food for sale, or if I should just assume that if they had food, I would see it in a marketplace.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #192: February 22, 2012, 10:38:07 PM »
I like that as well--I've been traveling (through Golden farrow, then clockwise around Dwilight), and I've been wondering if I should stop and ask every single region lord if they have food for sale, or if I should just assume that if they had food, I would see it in a marketplace.

Look at the statistics.

For the past days, there have been between 10k and 15k bushels in sell orders on the market.

Total food production (production graph, stacked) is about 35k.

So there's in total about a third of a daily food production available on the market. That's a pretty good number, so I think you can assume that if a region has no sell offers, it doesn't have food it wants to sell.

Zakilevo

« Reply #193: February 23, 2012, 05:12:06 AM »
I really like making some extra gold by selling food. It would be nice if once I press those orders, they ask me if I really want to accept the offer. - or does it do that already? Can't remember.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #194: February 23, 2012, 05:19:45 AM »
I really like making some extra gold by selling food. It would be nice if once I press those orders, they ask me if I really want to accept the offer. - or does it do that already? Can't remember.

Probably not, in general I recall Tom isn't a fan of "Are you sure" systems.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.