Author Topic: New Trade System Feedback  (Read 63978 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: New Trade System Feedback
« Reply #75: February 01, 2012, 12:37:37 AM »
I need to clarify something

If a regional lord travels to the other side of the continent, he is able to access the market from a local market place there and buy food for his region that is thousands of miles away?

However if the lord sends a trader to the other side of the continent, because the trader has a limited reach and no 'home' region like the lord does, the trader is not able to broker such a trade?

I believe this is correct.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #76: February 01, 2012, 02:01:46 AM »
If a regional lord travels to the other side of the continent, he is able to access the market from a local market place there and buy food for his region that is thousands of miles away?

However if the lord sends a trader to the other side of the continent, because the trader has a limited reach and no 'home' region like the lord does, the trader is not able to broker such a trade?

That is correct. I need to allow lords to be able to travel elsewhere and supply their home region from there, or the dependency upon traders would be game-breaking for some realms with few or no traders.

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: February 01, 2012, 02:11:08 AM »
In that case, I think it would be very interesting to allow trade over those distant sea routes. It would make those port cities really feel like port cities in terms of trade.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: February 01, 2012, 02:25:33 AM »
In that case, I think it would be very interesting to allow trade over those distant sea routes. It would make those port cities really feel like port cities in terms of trade.

Yes a quick look at the distances involved, I think some of the sea routes are longer then the Lords trading distance.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: February 01, 2012, 02:43:25 AM »
I am not sure whether this was supposed to be fixed or whether it was just aknowledged, but any building construction in Fronepu (Beluaterra) is still outrageously expensive 20k gold+.
Also, I know you need a marketplace to set up a trade, is there any exeption while in your own region if there is no marketplace?  I would like to see that exeption in place if it is not already.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: February 01, 2012, 02:47:30 AM »
I am not sure whether this was supposed to be fixed or whether it was just aknowledged, but any building construction in Fronepu (Beluaterra) is still outrageously expensive 20k gold+.
Also, I know you need a marketplace to set up a trade, is there any exeption while in your own region if there is no marketplace?  I would like to see that exeption in place if it is not already.

Yes, Lords in their own region can always set up a trade. Building prices should have been resolved.

egamma

« Reply #81: February 01, 2012, 03:59:39 AM »
I would like FoodReport.php to have a column with the number of granaries in each region.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: February 01, 2012, 04:13:29 AM »
I would like FoodReport.php to have a column with the number of granaries in each region.

I wanted the same for warehouses so bankers could see that easily. Never did happen.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: February 01, 2012, 05:17:48 AM »
So this is going to just create message spam to all knights in a region?  Shouldn't it just be the Lord and the Steward?

As an example of some relatively trivial trading...

Food Sold   (just in)
message to the lord and knights of Eidulb Outskirts
Serko has put 400 bushels of food on the market, removing it from the granary.

Food Bought   (just in)
Serko has bought 100 bushels of food for the granary.

Food Bought   (just in)
Serko has bought 200 bushels of food for the granary.

Food Bought   (just in)
Serko has bought 200 bushels of food for the granary.

Food Bought   (just in)
Serko has bought 100 bushels of food for the granary.

Food Sold   (just in)
Serko has put 200 bushels of food on the market, removing it from the granary.

Food Sold   (just in)

Food Sold   (just in)

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: February 01, 2012, 05:18:52 AM »
Well, coastal trading can already be done through the sea routes?  I can from Eidulb outskirts sell to Golden Farrow?  Will attempt in Eidulb to see how far I can go.

I think it might be helpful to know, just how far can a trader maximally trade if they got to say 80%?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: February 01, 2012, 05:30:36 AM »
Well, coastal trading can already be done through the sea routes?  I can from Eidulb outskirts sell to Golden Farrow?  Will attempt in Eidulb to see how far I can go.

I think it might be helpful to know, just how far can a trader maximally trade if they got to say 80%?

Yes of course it is possible. I've said as much. It is much MORE possible for Traders then Lords, since the Lords maximum range is limited. I'm pretty sure a Lord who isn't a trader can't use the route Eidulb to Golden Farrow. Eidulb to Libidizedd though, should be open to all.

The change would be to allow Lords to trade with any port that links to their current region via a sea route. I imagine if there is a case where the distance of a sea route is too far for Traders it would make sense to enable this for traders as well.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #86: February 01, 2012, 12:50:32 PM »
So this is going to just create message spam to all knights in a region?  Shouldn't it just be the Lord and the Steward?

I'd just like to keep the knights more in the loop, that's all.

Yeah, some of the recent changes are very "chatty" (TOs, trade...). That'll be improved later.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #87: February 01, 2012, 12:51:11 PM »

Look at the market place screen, it will tell you your current trading distance.

egamma

« Reply #88: February 01, 2012, 07:01:11 PM »

My distance is 562 miles. From Paisly I can buy from Candiels Fields, but not Candiels, and north to Saffalore, but not Chateau Saffalore, and east to Nebel, but not Qubel.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: February 03, 2012, 08:04:03 PM »
Is there some reason you cannot include your own region's offers in a brokerage deal?