Author Topic: New Trade System Feedback  (Read 64162 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: New Trade System Feedback
« Reply #120: February 08, 2012, 10:10:42 AM »
50 is the max price.

This seems low to me. I've often seen average prices at 40 gold, and 50 is not that unusual a price. I can see the need for a ceiling to avoid abuse, but could it be raised?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #121: February 08, 2012, 12:43:59 PM »
This seems low to me. I've often seen average prices at 40 gold, and 50 is not that unusual a price. I can see the need for a ceiling to avoid abuse, but could it be raised?

I am working on trade statistics, and will be monitoring them to see where the real-game prices end up being.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: February 08, 2012, 01:05:35 PM »
I am working on trade statistics, and will be monitoring them to see where the real-game prices end up being.

Thanks.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: February 08, 2012, 11:08:10 PM »

There's so much food being produced on Dwilight that noone needs to buy any anywhere. It's kind of ridiculous.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: February 08, 2012, 11:56:04 PM »
There's so much food being produced on Dwilight that noone needs to buy any anywhere. It's kind of ridiculous.

Maybe wait until winter, we also got alot of free food during the switch over.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: February 09, 2012, 12:18:10 AM »
Maybe wait until winter, we also got alot of free food during the switch over.

Simple math shows that realms are simply producing bigger surpluses now. I'm not sure the increased consumption is offsetting that.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: February 09, 2012, 04:11:44 AM »
Simple math shows that realms are simply producing bigger surpluses now. I'm not sure the increased consumption is offsetting that.

According to my calculations, D'Hara will need to import less than before.

D'Hara always buys. Even when we won't need any and will have tens of thousands of spare bushels, we will. Just at a lower price.

50 is the max price.

50 was a common price in many places. Seems a little absurd to make it the maximum allowed.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: February 09, 2012, 04:28:51 AM »
According to my calculations, D'Hara will need to import less than before.

D'Hara always buys. Even when we won't need any and will have tens of thousands of spare bushels, we will. Just at a lower price.

50 was a common price in many places. Seems a little absurd to make it the maximum allowed.

You need to get your eastern Duchy buying food then, plenty of food sitting around Luria doing nothing.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: February 09, 2012, 04:50:29 AM »
I tend to agree. But I don't think a max price of 50 is any sort of major issue.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: February 09, 2012, 06:28:32 PM »
question on not so much trade system but traders.

there's no reason to carry a chunk of gold around now and thus no need to have troops to avoid getting robbed. is there any reason for traders to be stuck with merc setting?

from the looks of things, diplomats would require more gold on hand (to do their "bribing")
firefox

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: February 09, 2012, 08:20:47 PM »
I would like for trade offers to be able to specify realms.

Just in the way that you can send gold to a specific noble you should be able to sell food to a specific realm (and I suppose have the feature not to let certain realms trade with you). If my realm forms a trading pact with another realm I wouldn't want some other trader taking our deals just because they are allies with us. That would ruin the whole point of the pact. Unless there is another way to ensure this that I don't know about?
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: February 09, 2012, 08:27:34 PM »
The other Realm could set up Buy Orders which you then fulfil as Trading Realm perhaps.

egamma

« Reply #132: February 09, 2012, 09:16:27 PM »
From the food statistics page, D'Hara is the only realm eating more than we're growing.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #133: February 10, 2012, 12:55:01 AM »
Just in the way that you can send gold to a specific noble you should be able to sell food to a specific realm

Absolutely not ever. Over my dead body. I'm already unhappy with the restrictions as they are in, but there would've been way too much protest if I hadn't put them in. Over time I'll see if I can reduce them.

See, trade is supposed to be this anarchistic, crazy free-for all things that ultimately will bring down the feudal system. Trade is intended to be impossible to really control. There is supposed to be a factor of "risk" involved - political risk, not monetary or otherwise.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: February 10, 2012, 02:19:58 AM »
Absolutely not ever. Over my dead body. I'm already unhappy with the restrictions as they are in, but there would've been way too much protest if I hadn't put them in. Over time I'll see if I can reduce them.

See, trade is supposed to be this anarchistic, crazy free-for all things that ultimately will bring down the feudal system. Trade is intended to be impossible to really control. There is supposed to be a factor of "risk" involved - political risk, not monetary or otherwise.

So, there is no reason for me to arrange trade deals between two realms? Our realm will just post a bunch of offers to the market and hope that our target realm seeks them out if they felt like it? I don't see how politics could get involved in that. No one would have any idea who bought our food in the end. It'll just go somewhere, maybe.
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there