Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 219036 times)

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #60: May 07, 2011, 02:51:08 AM »
I have a character in Terran, the realm that probable interacts with them the most at least currently. At first I wondered so much about them and what not and thought they were an interesting/cool thing. Now, though I don't even think about them 95% of the time except for the rare occurrence where they whine about food or their territory which is all they seem to do. Unless there is some point for them in the future or are there just for the fun to destroy in the future, they really do nothing and are just annoying at least in my current opinion.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #61: May 07, 2011, 03:11:01 AM »
Conversely, what is the point of Terran?  ;D

Hm, I guess I should elaborate on this. In human realms, there must be some sort of purpose. Generally, it's preservation and prosperity. This is usually achieved by attracting more players and keeping them interested in the realm. But it is very difficult to determine just what the point of any given human realm is because there are too many humans living in it, each with complex goals.

For an NPC realm, the point is difficult to determine because, in the case of the Zuma, probably 3 people at most know what the point is. Does that really bother anyone? This isn't like the BT Invasions where the presence of daimons was one of the central plot points. The Zuma are very different from anything seen before or since.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 03:23:07 AM by Artemesia »

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: May 09, 2011, 08:35:45 AM »

everyone freezes...
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: May 09, 2011, 08:48:16 AM »

The cultural fountain of Maroccidens.
The center of Maroccidenal civilization.
The bulwark of military might in the Southwest.
The richest of realms in the Southwest.
The breadbasket of Maroccidens.
The symbol of Humanity living side by side with, and keeping the Daimons at bay.
etc. etc.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: May 09, 2011, 10:36:35 AM »
I like to think of Terran as Sanguis Astroism's foothold in the south-west.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: May 09, 2011, 04:31:46 PM »
I like to think of Terran as Sanguis Astroism's foothold in the south-west.

Kinda. Maybe a little. Only to the extent that there are more SA followers in Terran than elsewhere in the southwest, I suppose.

But even though the two SA members I know of are the Chief Magistrate and a Duke, there is really very little feeling of SA influence in the realm. The majority of the realm is definitely Triunist and that influence is felt the most.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: May 09, 2011, 05:53:58 PM »
Terran may seem like an SA foothold on the surface, ie. an SA ruler and an SA duke, but truly everyone else is pretty neutral to SA. Or perhaps wary is a better word. Either way the balance between Triunism and SA in Terran will ensure that Terran remains secular at the state level, at least in my opinion.

Also, has anyone ever considered what they would do if the Zuma did attack? Probably not the best place to talk about it but perhaps there should be some IG multi realm "worst case scenario" plans so that if the Zuma ever roll over on us we're not caught flat footed.

What made me think of this was when Perth said that Terran is a symbol of keeping the Daimons at bay, while that may be true it is so purely symbolic it is scary. Our military, while effective does not compare to that of the Zuma.
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: May 09, 2011, 08:09:09 PM »
If the Zuma actually attack there's nothing that can be done. The combined mobile strength of Asylon, Terran, D'Hara, and Barca together assembled in one region could be knocked aside with comparative ease by a Zuma army.

Basically.... hide behind walls.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: May 09, 2011, 10:21:12 PM »
Or, SA could defend you.

If Terran was SA's foothold in the southwest, that is.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: May 09, 2011, 11:51:24 PM »
Terran would be destroyed before SA armies can even reach their lands ;)

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: May 10, 2011, 09:24:43 AM »
If the Zuma actually attack there's nothing that can be done. The combined mobile strength of Asylon, Terran, D'Hara, and Barca together assembled in one region could be knocked aside with comparative ease by a Zuma army.

Basically.... hide behind walls.

What made me think of this was when Perth said that Terran is a symbol of keeping the Daimons at bay, while that may be true it is so purely symbolic it is scary. Our military, while effective does not compare to that of the Zuma.

Indeed, it is more of a "we've earned their respect" kind of thing more than any kind of "we've put them in their place." Perhaps I should have phrased it more like, "a symbol of humanity coexisting with Daimons."

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #71: May 20, 2011, 11:59:47 AM »
Here's an OOC message from the first Zuma GM (Player of Haktoo) in response to the various postings on this thread:

Out-of-Character from Haktoo
I've just read the Zuma thread on the forums. There is a bit of misinformation there. I will say this to you here so that you can pass this on to the forum. If anyone else wants me to repeat it to them, get them to message me and I will copy it to them as well so they can see it comes direct from me.
Shortly after Dwilight went active, I became GM for the Daimons. It was a number of months later when the second GM joined, and they are now inactive and have been for some time.
The Daimons were on Dwilight from the beginning. I cannot remember how long it was before the first player character ever encountered them though.
Everything I have done with the Daimons has had a reason. Just because individual players do not know what it is it does not mean anything has happened as part of a random whim. People should remember that political intrigue can have huge influence within this game. Even things that seem obvious may not be happening for the reason you think they are.
I have been here since the start of Dwilight and am doing what I expect to be doing with the Daimons. Everything is done for a reason, including any inconsistencies you may think you see when dealing with us.
Thank you.

For those who do not read the forums but whom you know also want to know, let them know that they can message Haktoo on the ruler channel of Dwilight (I think), and they can get this message from the GM. Also, for those skeptical about whether I'm telling the truth, please ask in-game OOCly as well.

I hope this clears up a lot of stuff that's been going on, and I thank the GM for taking time to write this.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: May 20, 2011, 08:36:21 PM »
I presume Haktoo will only make an OOC response; my experience is that he doesn't do much in the way of IC conversation.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #73: May 20, 2011, 08:46:04 PM »
That GM is actually pretty good, especially with affecting the feeling of intimidation and indifference to human life/happiness/possibly existence, aka "daimonic pressure". Also, he does prefer to keep things IC.

Hint: Actually going personally to the regions, and who knows, doing something "noteworthy", might get a response. No guarantees. Otherwise, you'll have to more or less be satisfied with Garret being the go-between.

What...is there something in particular you're expecting?

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: May 20, 2011, 09:58:37 PM »
No, it's just that I've never heard of Haktoo making a personal response to a message.