Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 215125 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #570: February 27, 2013, 03:06:49 AM »
...which he can't read.

Really? Adventurers can't use scrolls?

Makes RP sense... but I actually thought I saw this happen once. guess not?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #571: February 27, 2013, 08:00:33 AM »
Well I have 4 right now. never used any of them but their is a link to "use". Anyways I wasnt thinking Id use them. Likely sell them to 'Inn at the Crossroads' members.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #572: February 27, 2013, 06:49:05 PM »
I'd offer them to Aurvandil right about now. Can earn you some big bucks I guess.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #573: February 27, 2013, 07:01:39 PM »
Yes, you could make a fortune doing that. Although, adventurers can't do much with money, so you will just have to sit on it like a miser.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #574: March 01, 2013, 07:30:26 AM »
Advies can do a shedload with money even if it's gloating at poor knights :)

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #575: March 01, 2013, 07:50:03 AM »
Well its true I coudnt use it much. already maxed out all my gear...I just spend it on sleeping now.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #576: March 31, 2013, 09:33:40 PM »
The Zuma are back and attacked Chesney. I assume somebody put them up to it.

It would be interesting to Quintus in-character except that everything I've done for the last week has been trying to get around game mechanics that forbid what 'did' happen because the other two Dukes seceded first. The game says that the Chateau is meant to be useless until it can be 'taken over' by its own nobles under a new banner, and I guess the game-masters say that that isn't meant to happen.

Many of Terran's old players have been powerless not because they didn't coordinate as a team but because mechanics and now the Zuma have forbidden them from even attempting to get as established over two weeks what other new realms could do in a day or two. Aurvandil landing an army on my doorstep and up-ending everything was fun. Getting to play 'jump through the hoops so that the game approves of your region changing its banner' followed by Daemon Surprise, not so much.

I'm glad that I didn't have any real ambition here as a player and was just going with the flow. Fighting the game is not fun. It's even less fun when one or two players get an I Win button. I was recently talking to a couple players from 2007 about why they left, and 'the game couldn't get out of its own way' was on the top of the list.

I'm not here to start a Zuma whine thread and I've already bitched about how secession/capitals pledging works elsewhere. I'm just going to do what most of the players I brought to the game in '07 did and vote with my feet.

Zuma GM

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #577: March 31, 2013, 09:47:18 PM »
Many of Terran's old players have been powerless not because they didn't coordinate as a team but because mechanics and now the Zuma have forbidden them from even attempting to get as established over two weeks what other new realms could do in a day or two. Aurvandil landing an army on my doorstep and up-ending everything was fun. Getting to play 'jump through the hoops so that the game approves of your region changing its banner' followed by Daemon Surprise, not so much.

Whatever issues you may have. Giving completely incorrect facts is never going to get you any sympathy or support.
Please clarify exactly what the Zuma have forbidden anyone from doing as I am unaware of any such things and would imagine it's something I would know.
As for a "Daemon (sic) Surprise", the march into Chesney was started before Terran broke into any other realms and numerous nobles, both within Terran and from elsewhere, were aware it was going to happen before any of the Daimons left their own lands.
Perhaps you're just being mislead IC as to what's actually going on and should sort that rather than come to the forums to state things as fact that are certainly not so.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #578: March 31, 2013, 09:52:44 PM »
The Zuma are working with Asylon and Aurvandiil because of Asylons good relations and Aurvandiil had lady Kabrinski. Terran and a few other realms hadnt cultivated good relations with the Zuma, thereby suffering for it. Its just like Morek declaring war on Asylon... Goodcome closer to the Zuma who cant wait to fight you. Basically Astrum os left alone to fight us. Just the way we want it.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #579: March 31, 2013, 09:54:49 PM »
If you didn't notice Kas was constantly travelling into Zuma and sometimes battling against them. I gather that he was also in dialogue with them, hoping to verbally instigate a conflict. This goes back to when he was head of state, so it's not like he was just some random Mendicant alt that joined last week. And then there's other stuff you and even I don't know about. I actually know more than most, but I'm not telling you because it's secret.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #580: March 31, 2013, 10:03:16 PM »
Allison has known about it for at least two weeks.  Told Aurvandil, Hireshmont, FR, morek, Astrum and Iashakur about it as well.  if you didnt know, ask your allies why they left you hanging without even a warning...
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #581: March 31, 2013, 10:41:24 PM »
Reason #1,754 why the Zuma are not good for the game.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #582: March 31, 2013, 10:48:24 PM »
Reason #1,754 why the Zuma are not good for the game.

What, because you have terrible allies who don't communicate?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #583: March 31, 2013, 11:10:29 PM »
What, because you have terrible allies who don't communicate?

No, because the game should not be about who can persuade the GM to essentially lightning bolt their enemy.

It should be about player vs. player.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #584: March 31, 2013, 11:16:34 PM »
That's just awesome. Fighting cheaters isn't enough, so we had to give the cheaters a godmode GM ally as well!

Great!

Dwilight, the continent where 2 players can do whatever the !@#$ they want the rest of the continent doesn't have a damn word to say about it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron